Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » When did you first know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When did you first know?
Gee6687
Neophyte
Member # 14709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gee6687     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a question for all . . . when did you first discover you were gay or bisexual? Was it a guy/girl you found yourself crushing on? A book you read that you realized you could relate to so well, you might have been the main character? What was it? And, when you found out, what did you do from there? Just wondering how this experience went for everyone else.

I first found out about nine months ago. I started hanging around this one girl alot, who was my best friend more than anything. We were/are so close that people were/are shocked when we're apart. One day, on the ride home to my house for a sleepover, from the mall, my dad started yelling at me, about really stupid things, and I just started crying. So we sat in the back of the car, me crying, and she just held my hand to comfort me, and hugged me as I sobbed. I realized, then, that I had a crush on her.

Then, I started looking back on all the other close relationships I've had with females (as I laid in bed that night), and realized, that my fixations were actually crushes . . . and those weird feelings I got from a cute girl weren't exactly "normal" (I hate terming it like that, but I don't know what else to say). I also realized, I never once really had any romantic feelings for a guy.

So what about the rest of you out there? What made you realize you were gay/bisexual?

Posts: 4 | From: Plainfield, Illionis, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoccerGurl
Neophyte
Member # 14659

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoccerGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a good question! Mine was about a year and a half ago.. I was at a friends house.. We were becoming alot closer.. She had just graduated from high school and i was goin into 10th grade(a bit of an agae difference but i always have hung out with older people) Anyways I was at her house and she told me she had soemthing to tell me but didnt know the right way to say it.. to make a long story short.. she told me that she had feelings for me(me being the first person she ever felt this way about)and she didnt know what to do but she couldnt hold it in any longer..
After that I kinda started thinking more about it and how i actually had feelings for her too.. I always wondered but i never took anything seriously till then..

Posts: 12 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilprincess18
Neophyte
Member # 14955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilprincess18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, this sounds kina funny, but i first knew about two months ago. i have in the past felt attracted sexually to my friends that are girls, and i have kissed two. but i never let myself think that i am bisexual. a couple of months ago, just around my 18th b-day,i started to become very close with a friend that is bi. at first i just liked her as a friend, but the more i was around her the more i liked her. and i became sexually attracted to her. i wouldnt let myself think about it like that until about a month ago, and i finally admitted it to myself about 2 weeks ago. three days i talked abou it and admitted it to a girl who is also bi. i have also since talked with the girl i have liked about it. this is all very scary, but i am trying to deal with it as it comes.

------------------
*Juli*

Posts: 2 | From: florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nerdalicious
Neophyte
Member # 15504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nerdalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first really realized it last year (I'm 13 now). I just started noticing these girls my age (or older)...who I'd look at, and just think "Wow, she's really hot." At first I thought it was just that I liked their clothes or their hair or something like that, but it was more.
Then, I met this girl. She's really pretty, smart, nice, the whole package...plus straight. Of course, I developed a crush on her, which is really something I find myself doing a lot...so now I just accept who I am...and I must say I like being bi.

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jethreau'shumblewife
Activist
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jethreau'shumblewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd had suspsicions since about third grade, 8 years old, but when I was twelve I became more open with my sexuality, but still too afraid to joke with boys for fear of their harsh words, so I played around with my girl friends...but after a while, I noticed I wasn't really joking so much anymore. like I'd catch myself looking at a friend's legs or something, thinking about how nicely shaped they were. I had troubles deciphering whether it was simply me acknowledging my fellow girls' beauties, or if I really was into them...but now it's quite definitely the latter. lol
also, for a while the crushes were almost entirely non-sexual...I would have fantasies of holding the girl and simply treating her nicely, never doing anything sexual (in fact girls didn't really turn me on at all, but I still liked them, if that makes sense) but slowly I'm stepping into the whole realm.

------------------
would you forgive me, love, if I danced in your shower?

Posts: 59 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gothicgurlie
Activist
Member # 16336

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gothicgurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm..this is a very intersting topic. I first noticed that I was bi-sexual when I when I was about in 7th grade and I'm a 9th grader now. I developed a crush on one of my friends who was indeed a girl. It kinda freaked me out cuz I realli didn't think about doing any kinda sexual act just something like holding her hand or huging her and such. But then I got a crus on one of my guy friends and I was like"yep I am bi." But it seems to not be such a issue to me anymore been that I am more comfortable with my sexuality and can speak freely about it even when ppl who don't even know that I am bi
Posts: 77 | From: Roanoke,Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.