Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » i know im bi, i just cant get used to it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i know im bi, i just cant get used to it
sohuggable89
Neophyte
Member # 10745

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sohuggable89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys.. im 13, gonna be 14 in march, and my whole life i was brought up and expected to be perfect, though im far from it. I think i reaized that i was bi when i became attracted to my best friend. I think that was because i was hurt twice out of my two relationships i had with boyz, they just got my hopes up, used me, then left me confused and wondering to myself " what is wrong with me?"
My best friend is the most loving, caring, sweetest person ive ever met, and we are realy realy realy tight. i think i wanted to be bi because i know that girls are different than boys. that girls are more sensetive, loving, and caring. when/if i go out with a girl, i know i would take the time to find someone who is loving, caring,and has a good personality, and that is why i like girls. a girl's body is just something extra thats there, her heart is what i would be interested in. i wouldnt be in a relationship for sex or anything like that, i would be in it for the feeling you get when you love someone, and you know they love you.
i dont think i can tell my best friend that im bi, and its not because im embarassed, the grl knows absolutel everything about me. its because shes like my mom, sista, and bestfriend all in one, and i know shes not bi. i need to find someone! just to talk to.

------------------
~Vickie~
muazz xoxoxox

Posts: 5 | From: howard beach, ny, united states | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i know that girls are different than boys. that girls are more sensetive, loving, and caring.

Y'know, that's a pretty huge generalization, and at Scarleteen we try to avoid making generalizations about people on the basis of their gender.

I've known some pretty insensitive and uncaring girls in my time, and some very sensitive and caring boys.

If you decide you're sexually and emotionally attracted to girls, that's fine - but it doesn't have to mean believing that girls are somehow automatically better or nicer as people.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sohuggable89
Neophyte
Member # 10745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sohuggable89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes that is true.. many girls are not very nice and sweet, but i wouldnt get involved with anybody other than someone sweet.

------------------
~Vickie~
muazz xoxoxox

Posts: 5 | From: howard beach, ny, united states | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Soha,

just as a sidenote: have you had a good look around our site yet?
We have a couple of articles that might help you a bit here, gal.
I'd recommend

The Bees and...the Bees - A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer

Bi the Dozen - A Bisexuality Quiz

Don't Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out (Or: How to Come Out of the Closet Without Tripping Over the Laundry)

You know, hon, take your time getting used to your feelings. There is no need to analyze them, no need to put a label on you (such as straight, bi, gay), unless you want to. There is no need to come out (yet) to anyone. Take your time.
Like logic said, relationships with girls aren't by default better or emotionally safer than relationships with boys. - You can get hurt nonetheless, simply because that's a risk in all relationships you ever enter.

If you're interested in getting in touch with other teens who are GLBT, there are plenty of youth groups all over the country where you can meet folks who have the same worries as you do. I'm not that good with ny geography and hence can't say what's closest to you, but a search at google on GLBT youth groups and new york should render plenty of results that can help you further.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
voila: just one tiny link to get you started.
http://www.gaycenter.org/orgs/bigltny/index.htm

also check out the resources linked in our gaydar section:
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/resources.html

and MizScarlets biosphere at technodyke
http://www.technodyke.com/aphrodyke/biosphere/default.asp

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 11-27-2002).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes. It bothers me alot to hear that one sex woudl be more caring or sweet than another. I'm bisexual, myself and i don't see a darn difference in anything between the two sexes. If ANYTHING, girls tend to run their mouth more and get others in trouble because of broken secrets and rumors. On the other side of the game board, i could date one guy and then date his friend 2 months later and not hear a single thing about the previous guy. It's all in the person. But never think girls are sweeter, it's just not true. cheers!
Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For future reference, let's try to avoid broad-sweeping generalizations. As a general rule, it's just against our policy here at Scarleteen, and it's most decidedly not good practice for real life.

Thanks

------------------
Tim
Scarleteen Advocate

I am not Dr. Freud, nor is he on staff. The talking cure this ain't.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.