Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Is it ok to be Bi?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it ok to be Bi?
DarkChild14
Neophyte
Member # 10468

Icon 9 posted      Profile for DarkChild14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 14 and I think I'm bi. I mean I really like my bestfriend and I've told her this we've even kissed a few times. I really like her and I've even asked her out but my parents don't aprove in fact almost no one aproves but I really like my g/f. Is that ok? Should I be worried about becomming what my mom called me a dyke?

------------------
Sammy

Posts: 3 | From: Denver, Co | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi DarkChild, I found 2 links that should help to answer your question and give you more info on bisexuality:
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/basics_3.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/basics.html

If you are thinking about coming out, you might like to read this:
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/out.html

Want some more links? Use the search function (try using this before posting next time, thanks : http://www.scarleteen.com/boards/search.html

Good luck, *Badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chyna2255
Neophyte
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chyna2255     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing wrong with any of the feelings you are having. As for your Mom you dropped a bomb on her and she just needs sometime to get used to it. When I told my mom she freaked out and we were fighting all the time now she is fine with it as long as I am happy. Just give your mom alittle while. It will all be ok

------------------
"We who are truley brave will never live in fear" The Rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love may be blind, but jealousy sees too much. -- Unknown

Posts: 25 | From: denver,co,usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're in a rough spot because of your mom's attitude. Don't let it bug you too much. In time, your relationship MAY get better with her.

As to your question, I think you NEED to decide if you're ok being bi. I say this because you'll probably get at least 3 different answers to that question. The answer to that question will be based on that person's beliefs and ethics. Thus, there's no right or wrong answer.

If you haven't already, please consider joining your school's chapter (if available) of the GLBT Student Association.

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahliRainbowchilde
Neophyte
Member # 10675

Icon 14 posted      Profile for BahliRainbowchilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs DarkChild* being bi is okay. If it is who you are, then there is nothing wrong with it. I am 17/f/bi/collegekid, but I haven't come out to my parents yet. My friends know, and one of my significant others is 17/m/bi, so there is someone that knows where I'm coming from. My advice: Build a support system-- friends, teachers, GLBT alliance if your school has one (my HS didn't). Get people around that will be there to listen, just be there, and protect you if neccessary. If you live in a very homophobic area, proceed with caution.

Blessings and luck.
~Bahli Rainbowchilde~

------------------
Black belts can kick it
like nobody else.

Fear not the rainbow, nor yet the darkness within.

Posts: 11 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild14
Neophyte
Member # 10468

Icon 6 posted      Profile for DarkChild14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone thanks for you advice. Bahli Rainbowchilde thanks espcailly that's really good adivce I'll definatly do that most of my friends already supoort me as well as my older sister and my little brothers in fact almost everyone except my parents supoorts my decision. Thanks ya'll you've been really helpful! Laters!!

~Sammy
PLUR (peace, love, unity, and respect)

Posts: 3 | From: Denver, Co | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sohuggable89
Neophyte
Member # 10745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sohuggable89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey darkchild, i think i can relate to your situation. i think im bi, well actually, now i know im bi, and i realy like my best friend, i want to kiss her more than anything, but i could never ever tell her that. im sayin dat it doesnt matta what anyone else thinks... even though it might hurt if you were rejected by your mom, she would still love you. and its ok to be a lesbian, if that is who you are. wow i cant beleive im giving someone advice, when i still have trouble acknowledging that im bi. but i know i am inside. ITS OK!!!

------------------
~Vickie~
muazz xoxoxox

Posts: 5 | From: howard beach, ny, united states | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_girl
Neophyte
Member # 10910

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sad_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm bi too. it's great and wonderful a nd nothing to be ashamed of. be proud of who you are. and by the way, dyke is a negative word applied to women who love other women, but it can be reclaimed in a positive way. i'm proud to be a dyke.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wiccanflame
Neophyte
Member # 11073

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Wiccanflame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild14:
I'm 14 and I think I'm bi. I mean I really like my bestfriend and I've told her this we've even kissed a few times. I really like her and I've even asked her out but my parents don't aprove in fact almost no one aproves but I really like my g/f. Is that ok? Should I be worried about becomming what my mom called me a dyke?

Hey Darkchild
we have alot in common im 14 and im bi too. Well it sounds to me like you are but i dont know you.... answer this have you ever eatin a gurl out? if so than most likely your are bi. but if not and you dont think that you would ever do something like that then you probally arent. email me if you wanna talk.

------------------
Blessed Be,
Allison

Posts: 2 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Asking such personal questions of other posters is inappropriate at best, and useless too, as ther's no sexual act that's a litmus test of orientation. Soliciting posters to e-mail you despite having been told it's forbidden is grounds for losing posting priveleges. Please re-read the Guidelines before you post anything else. http://www.scarleteen.com/boards/guidelines.html

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Where are my goddamned pants?
BD,SA

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.