Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » my homophobic cousin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my homophobic cousin
MACK_BROKER
Neophyte
Member # 9840

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MACK_BROKER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, I informed my younger cousin that she is a lesbian. I don't know if I was the first person to tell her this or not, but she didn't take the news too well. In fact, when I told her this, she called me a "************" and punched me in the arm. It is really sad that some people are so homophobic. Is there anything that I can do to help her adjust to the news?

Hail Eris!

Posts: 1 | From: Ho Chi Minh City, Kentucky, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MACK_BROKER:
Yesterday, I informed my younger cousin that she is a lesbian. I don't know if I was the first person to tell her this or not, but she didn't take the news too well.

Woah there, you told her that she is a lesbian? Call me crazy here, but isn't it up to her to determine her own sexual identity?

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it is up to her to figure that out and even if she is, she needs to figure it out on her own.

Anyways how do you know this? No one can decided if she is a lesbian except her.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me? I agree with the other responses but I'm curious on how her hitting you makes her homophobic. She's also homophobic because she denies that she's a lesbian?

Have you researched this site and others to realize that sexual orientation is often NOT openly visible?

[This message has been edited by mnsouthpawjr (edited 10-07-2002).]

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mnsouthpawjr,

It's unnecessary and bit of a waste of bandwidth to quote the original message you are replying to. If you want to address certain points it's fine to quote that point and use it to respond but anything else is just redundant.

Thanks.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.