Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Im bisexual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im bisexual
MaraDaBabe
Neophyte
Member # 9576

Icon 2 posted      Profile for MaraDaBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im bisexual, and probably have been for about a year now. I get made fun of constantly. Walking down the halls at school is hell, they scream dyke at me and whisper behind my back. I have even gotten in fights because of it. People dont seem to understand that Im not a lesbien, Im bisexual, although I dont take offense to being called a lesbien, it upsets me. There are a few other girls at my school who are bisexual, although they arent as open about it as i am, they are still open and dont get hasseled at all. Ive even fooled around with a couple of girls. One whom I kind of have liked for a long time now. One who used to be my best friend and now denys any acusations of us being together. And whom whom I would have considered one of my best friends but we got in fight, and she says I was on top of her and she couldnt get away, even thought thats not true, and the first time we did it for money, and then for my boyfriend(that she likes) and then for just us, seeing as no one was around. There is this one girl at my school who has done more with girls than I have yet insists she is not bisexual. My best friend will call me a dyke and stuff and say to others(right in front of me) thats its "****** disgusting" and then rub my crotch! i dont know what to do. Im not confused about my sexuality at all, I know someday I may want to be married to a woman and raise a family, Im just confused about the way others treat me.

------------------
Wt m w Ld밺

(Please watch your language Mara! Welcome to Scarleteen.)

[This message has been edited by PoetgirlNY (edited 08-17-2002).]

Posts: 4 | From: brandon, manitoba, canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think you should strongly consider getting counseling to discover ways to make yourself happier and work on your apparent anger issues. If you haven't already, please also consider finding a GLBT Teen Association or Support group.

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's got to be so hard to deal with all this. Don't worry about what people say or think about you. I know it is hard, but hopefully soon it will all die down.

Your best friend, doesn't sound like a good friend to me though.

Seriously, you are a strong person to be able to take this and I agree with mnsouthpawjr about getting into a support group.

I wish you the best of luck.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaraDaBabe
Neophyte
Member # 9576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaraDaBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm.. I wasnt aware that I had any anger issues. and who ever said I wasnt happy?

------------------
Wt m w Ld밺

[This message has been edited by MaraDaBabe (edited 08-24-2002).]

Posts: 4 | From: brandon, manitoba, canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me, Mara, like the issue isn't you, but the hostility and anger you're being hit with from OTHERS.

Does your school have a gay.stright alliance or a GLBT group? if not, sounds like one is in order. if it's something you'd be interested in starting there, I'd be glad to pull up some resources for you.

After all, if this is how you're treated, chances are other non-hetero teens are getting the same treatment, and that's no good for anyone. To boot, if your ex-friend is sexually harassing you in school, that needs to STOP.

I also should note that I saw a very good canadian fil;m recently that touched on some of the things you're dealing with with your former friend/partner, called Lost and Delirious. Not to give anything away, but I'd say it could have ended less tragically, but it was an interesting and well-done exploration of these sorts of situations.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PutMyLoveInABox
Neophyte
Member # 9906

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PutMyLoveInABox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to do something FAST. I suggest talking to your guidance cpounselor or parent/guardian immediately. If something doesn't stop what is going on- you should transfer schools. What is going on isn't right and it must STOP before things get out of hand. stay away from the bi***es who used to be your friends, or maybe you still think of them as friends but treeat you like crap.

Good luck hun!

------------------
-Someone once told me to do my homework. I responded in explaining that it would then leave me no time to plot my world domination takeover-

~*~Click HERE to Visit -CrossedPaths- (slash) RPG~*~
~*~Where Marauders and Harry Potter's Time Meet!~*~
~*~We Need Members! Please Join!~*~

Posts: 8 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cumquat
Neophyte
Member # 9949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cumquat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello...
I'm also bisexual but it hasn't been a problem for me because my friends are very supporting (comsidering some of them are gay or lesbian, and I'm a drama bum, this isn't surpising) But I also keep it to my friends or peopel in the theatre group, mostly because these are the only people I share things with anyhow. But this summer I was at a summer camp sort of thing for artists and everyone knew there, and i really like the freedom of that.
It's awful that you're getting treated thisway by people that consoder themselves your friend. The suggestion of joing a Gay-Straight Alliance at your school or in your community (if possible) could be a wonderful idea. That way you'll be surrounded by people that understand your choice and are supporting, instead of acting immaturely and rude towards you.

Good luck with everything.

------------------
"I want to live like I type--fast, and with lots of mistakes"

Posts: 14 | From: VA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.