Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Being Gay but wanting Straight gifts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being Gay but wanting Straight gifts?
OmeganAngel
Neophyte
Member # 8928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OmeganAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is odd for me, i've identified myself as bisexual. I find myself with a stronger attraction to men than to women, although i still find women to be attractive. But thats where it ends. I dont find myself to be to attracted to the thought of being in a relationship with a male. I find the side of me that makes me bi (gay) to only be a psychical attraction. But I know for a fact that one day i want to be married with children and a wife. I really can't forsee myself being in a relationship with a man and have never even had the slightest hint of wanting to. Yet i find myself to be the average guy when it comes to wanting a relationship with a girl, so what do i label myself?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't.

Seriously, just think of yourself as yourself. There's no need to slap a label on yourself just for the sake of it. There really aren't any benefits to it that I can see.

------------------
"At 3 a.m. they play O Canada, true patriot love 'n la-la-la-la-la..."
-Joel Plaskett, 'True Patriot Love'

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.