Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Crush, Any Advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crush, Any Advice?
spiritual_anorexia
Neophyte
Member # 8524

Icon 12 posted      Profile for spiritual_anorexia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well okay, I have a crush on this girl, she works at a coffee house and I see her everyday, I mean hey, she makes my coffee. I paid my $2.10 one day and handed her a note along with the two dollar bills. Inside it was my whole life story tragedies and all folded into a little piece of paper. To my suprise that same day she had a note waiting for me when I came back in for another cup. To sum it up into a few words it basically said that she understood me, that she had been in my position, that she had gone through what I had gone through. Now... I wrote her another note yesterday, but she hasn't written back yet. She's probably just busy. But she's 19...I'm 13, I'm a 13 year old lesbian. I was wondering if the age difference could hinder out relationship any. I don't know if she likes me, what do you think I should do? Here's the note she wrote me:

[-----edited----- Note content: Coffee shop gal tells spiritual that her life story is the same and that she wonders how spiritual knows her. Ends with her view that life gets worse and takes a lot of strength.---- Please do not post your private communication on the boards. This violates the privacy of the person who wrote this and there is no way for us to check whether you have the permission to do so. Thanks.]

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-19-2002).]

Posts: 13 | From: Caldwell, Idaho, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's entirely possible that the age difference could prevent a realtionship form developing. But then again, what causes two people to get together is such a complex mishmash of factors that it's hard to say.

Sometimes large age differences can be overcome, but oftentimes, people feel that they're in very different stages of their lives. You're probably just into high school while she'll be just out of it.

When was about 14 or 15, I often had crushes on girls much older than me. The furthest I ever managed to get was friendship, and in retrospect that wasn't so bad. If your lives are really so similar, than I'm sure she'll have some great words of wisdom for you!

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackravyn
Neophyte
Member # 8629

Icon 3 posted      Profile for blackravyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course, age can always be a factor, but like it was mentioned berfore, a lot o things stand as factors in relationships. but honestly.... the only way age could be a factor is if you or coffee shop gal makes it one. she seems very friendly and welcoming in that she answered your letter in such a personal way. i wouldn't ge downhearted, but if she does turn you away due to your age, at you will have made afriend, and who doesn't need more of those....

------------------
if it has really big fangs, it's a killer rabbit! - monty python

Posts: 9 | From: norfolk, va, us | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostboy
Neophyte
Member # 8913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that the best idea is to get to know this girl, more than when she is on her job, is she a lesbian to? if not that could caues some problesm, being friends with some one who is 6 years older than you is no problem. Most people say age is nothing but a number but i disagree, at least during this time in your life, it is complacated and hard and rough and just sucky right now (purbity sucks) i would wait it out for at least a few more years, but stay incontact with her, then if it is ment to be then it will happen.

------------------
"These are the thoughts that go through my head in my backyard on
a Sunday afternoon when I have the house to
myself and i'm not expending all that energy on fighting with
my boyfriend" ---- Alanis (due to a certen Personal protections order i can't say her last name)

Posts: 5 | From: lancaster, ca, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.