Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Hints, anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hints, anyone?
lilredstrawberry
Neophyte
Member # 7487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilredstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering what some of you have done to give out little hints to people that perhaps you're not straight... and I know I'm not the only person that does dumb things like that... Most people never get what I'm hinting at. I even told one person that the straightest thing about me was my hair (I have incredibly curly hair) and they didn't get it. Either that, or I do incredibly dumb things to find out if other people are gay or not... like bringing up every gay celebrity I can or just discussing equal rights and all the minorities often discluded, esp. gays.
Posts: 6 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about every time people mention Sarah Michelle Gellar I go Mmmmmmmm to every commment and question? Yeah, I'm a stupid ass.
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doplegager
Neophyte
Member # 7458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doplegager     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there is the whole limp-wrist rutine with a little hip thrown in for good measure. I don't consider myself homosexual, but I take every opportunity I can find to take the people around me by suprise. Heh... if I were in a manga, I'd be the guy that tends to make everyone fall on their heads with a seemingly 'innocent' remark. Since I'm normally so quiet, everyone is a little shocked when I'll make a homosexually-oriented innuendo. Usually subtle stuff. It's an interesting way to gauge a person's openeness about the subject. Some laugh, some don't get it, some look at me confused, and some back away. Luckily, I go to a pretty open-minded school.

Oh yeah, and there was that one time on the playground back in elementary when they asked me which girl I wanted to marry. I can still quote my response. "I'd rather be one than marry one". Heh.

------------------
"He would have been perfect if it weren't for all of his flaws."

Posts: 22 | From: Wichita, KS | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.