Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Should I?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I?
Viva_La_Vie_Boheme
Neophyte
Member # 7398

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Viva_La_Vie_Boheme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, 2 days ago my best freind and I were IMing each other and then because I didn't respond for a while she knew something was wrong with me. And there was, I was fighting in my head whether I should come out of the closet and tell her that her best freind is bi. Well, I didn't tell her but I did say that I had a seceret that I would tell her when I was ready. Well ever since that the fighting in my head has turned to WWIII level and I'm completely un-sure of what to do. I mean, like, the last seceret I told her she told a month afterwards because she said that the person was 'Really deppressed and needed something to cheer them up'. I'm completely un-sure and I would greatly appreciate any advice.

[This message has been edited by Viva_La_Vie_Boheme (edited 03-23-2002).]

Posts: 8 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about pros and cons here. I suggest that you consider the possible outcomes and make two lists, one list containing good possible outcomes, the other bad possible outcomes.

You may also want to weight each outcome based on emotional impact to you, likeness of occurring, etc.

Not only will this give you a good idea of what may happen, it will also force you to do a little thinking on the subject - you may find your answer while creating your lists instead of while evaluating them.

Good luck dear.

------------------
There is a time and a place for everything.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viva_La_Vie_Boheme
Neophyte
Member # 7398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viva_La_Vie_Boheme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally want to thank you ookuotoe. I took your advice and yesterday night told my freind, and as the list showed she understood and, from what she showed to me today and yesterday, pretty fine with the fact I was bi. I want to thank you for helping me come out to my best freind, whom I probably would've never told otherwise.

Posts: 8 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear everything turned out well!
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.