Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » crushing on someone older...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crushing on someone older...
froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 5 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone...I'm a little bit new to this forum, but I've been poking around a bit on Scarleteen...
Anyway, I always seem to have a "crush" on a woman who's much, much older than I am. Most of my friends know that I like girls, so coming out isn't much of an issue anymore, but once I mentioned one of these crushes to a friend and she acted like I was from Mars or something. Right now I have a ridiculous crush on a woman who's become a good friend and kind of a role model...but she's old enough to be my mother and she's also married. It's not much of a problem because nothing would ever happen between me and these women, but does this ever happen to anyone else? What should I do? Should I tell my friend that I have a crush on her? I'm worried that I'm never going to fall in love with someone of my own age...
Sorry the post is so long...but please give me a little advice.

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing sounds completely normal. I totally would not worry about it. It is likely to go away over time when you meet someone more your age you're into.

I think a lot of people have been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt, to be honest. Just stay open to forming relationships with other people, and it's likely to work itself out.

I would not say anything to this woman, to be honest, unless you feel compelled to persue it - something you've already said is very unlikely.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in love with my 29 year old P.E. teacher. I'm 16. OF course deep down I know its never going to happen, but hey stranger things have happened and I'll always have hope!

The main thing is not to say anything to this woman, she's married, and well, call me old fashioned but I would take that as she's straight and maybe you would end up hurt. You'll have crushes, of course you will, just like a straight teenager would, its part of growing up. Don't worry about falling in love with someone your own age, someday someone will come along when u least expect it. If you feel you can trust your friend and think yo're going to explode if u don't tell her, then tell her. But if not, then don't.

[This message has been edited by Slayer_gurl (edited 01-11-2002).]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 7 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks! good advice, both of ya...and it makes me feel a lot better knowing that there are other people who've felt like this too.

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.