Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » just some quick questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just some quick questions
honeybunches
Neophyte
Member # 1641

Icon 6 posted      Profile for honeybunches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I just wondered if anyone else felt like this? I have ALWAYS crushed on, flirted with, dated, etc. BOYS, but I feel sometimes sexually attracted to GIRLS. I feel like I'm more turned on when I see a naked woman than a naked man, but I've never felt emotionally attracted to a woman. I have a BF right now and we have a satisfying sex life. Just curious if anyone else feels this way? What does that label me as?
One more question: how did you "discover" that you were Bi or gay? What happened that led you to that conclusion?
THANKS!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the same. I think naked women are absolutely luscious, but having thought about this for many years and pondered if I could be bisexual, I'm sad to report that I'm just not. I'm a heterosexual girl watcher

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, do not try and label yoorself. That only leads to confusion. Simply let your feelings guide you.

Secondly, I have a theory that many straight people are sexually attracted to the same sex. However, the reason I call myself gay is because I have feelings for boys - a love beyond platonic. Hell, most of the time I can see why a girl is attractive, but it's blokes that I love.

Thirdly, there wasn't any perticular instant where I thought - Ohmygod, I'm gay! I gradually realised that I had more feelings for boys than girls. If I had to pin-point a moment, it was when I spent a whole evening trying (in vain) to chat up a bloke when there were 6 girls around!

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, being non-straight didn't even occur to me until I fell really hard for my best friend. Then I started to question myself, figured I was bi, then realized that I didn't really like guys (like that, at least) anyway. So, yeah. I'm gay.

When I came out to myself, I felt strangely different like ... almost free ... and I got that same feeling when I got all my hair cut off and started acting, dressing, looking, all that fun stuff like I'd always wanted to. (If your wondering, I'm FREQUENTLY mistaken for a boy, which makes public bathrooms interesting). But then I got used to it and now I'm just like, "Yeah, I'm gay. I like girls. A lot. You don't agree? Well ... go do obscene things and leave me alone."

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've suspeceted since I was a kid that I was different to others, before I even knew what gay or straight was I thought something was up. I think the penny dropped when I went inot secondary school and I was so turned on by my science teacher, and then the next year by my other teacher(mainly her *** though, God, what an *** ) and now I'm in love again with anotehr, I've been in love with an actual prospect, someone my age but it didn't work out. I think that it gradually dawns on you that you're gay, but I mean one day I woke up and I actually realised "Oh my God I'm gay" It wasn't that I didn't know before, that was the moment it sunk in and I accepted it instead of fighting it and making myself more unhappy by the moment. I mean I fantasise about men sometimes and I'm not going to say I'm bi because I don't really like labels that much and I don't want to commit myself to one or anything. And I know this post had a point but I really don;t know what it was so bye bye now

Slayer_gurl

------------------
Do not try to find out who I am, I am a shadow and you are the light, wherever you are I cannot be...

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 2 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom is the innocent type(kind of. Sort of), so she always told me I'd like guys when I turned 58 or something, so I never really worried about it much. Then there's The Story.

One day my friend and I were going skiing, and on the chairlift he asks me point-blank: "Are you gay?" I almost plummeted to my death twenty feet below. I suppose this is rather odd, but I just kind of said to myself later that he was right. I'm just gonna skip over the crying my eyes out, I don't like to remember that.

And, DrQuack5, I understand the mistaken identity thing. Every time I go into a bathroom I'm told that I'm making a mistake. The greatest incident was when I was coming out of a bathroom, and this woman ran into me on her way in, but instead of just saying excuse me, she got all flustered and turned to the other bathroom, which was clearly marked MEN.

------------------
------------------------
"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.