Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Internet girl..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet girl..
Member # 4669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeatnikBaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been talking to this girl on the internet and phone almost everyday for almost 2 years now. i've never been this close to a girl, not even with my best friend of 9 years. anyways, recently (heh...last night) she told me that she loved me and that she was questioning her whole sexuality because of this. it's weird cuz a few days before she told me this, i dreamt that we met and there was kissing and stuff...not any normal friendly greeting. She's a beautiful, brilliant girl and i feel sad when i'm on vacation and can't talk to her. I've never missed another girl in my it's a little confusing. Sometimes I wonder if maybe i love her more than friends. The words "bisexual" and "lesbian" don't scare me at all...but maybe they should. I consider myself straight..i never had a crush on another girl or looked at them in that way, i like guys but i think if i really do love her and she loves me, it wouldn't feel right to try to ignore that because of gender. does this make me a bisexual?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 802

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad the words bisexual and lesbian don't scare you, but why do you say maybe they should? They're not scary words, only labels.

Okay, now for your question... questioning your sexuality is often a long, complicated process, and that makes it difficult for someone who barely knows you to judge whether or not you're bisexual. Since you're having semi-romantic feelings for someone of the same sex, I'd have to say it's possible, but it could also just be an isolated exception to your straightness, or an experiment, or maybe one day you'll become a full-fledged lesbian. But really, there ought to be no rush to label yourself... it's kind of fun to be "free" for a while, in my experience!

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.