Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Is it normal to feel this happy about this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it normal to feel this happy about this?
paintsplash
Neophyte
Member # 4886

Icon 2 posted      Profile for paintsplash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For two years, I've been having adventures in "I'm a somewhat bi-gayish maybe teen" land. Ever since the idea that I "could" be gay occured to me, it's been a prevalent issue in my mind. So here comes my weird question.
Why does it make me feel (dare I say it?) - happy - when I just start going with the "I'm gay and that's okay" vibe? I watched "All Over Me", got wildly turned on by both Leisha and Alison, and felt happy about it. I get the guts to wear the rainbow bracelet I made... I feel happy. I have a crush on a fun girl in my thespian troupe... I feel happy. I don't want to *not* feel happy, but it strikes me as odd... when I start wondering if I should be attracted to Antonio Banderas on Jay Leno, I am not happy. What does all this mean? Is the happiness telling me I'm gay, or am I just happy because I can claim a label? Or am I just plain... happy? (I've never written this word this many times before... eeee...)
Anyway, I'd appreciate an answer to my crazy question

------------------
"They say goldfish have no memory; I guess their lives are much like mine" - Ani DiFranco

Posts: 4 | From: The beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns, NC | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilMissK
Neophyte
Member # 4869

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LilMissK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think that you should feel happy because you like who you are. Umm...I feel happy being me and liking both girls and guys. And I think that people are happy because they accept who they are(does that make sense?). So its not "weird" to be happy about who you are if your gay. Or straight. Or whatever. I think that denying who u are makes u not happy or something. I don't know. So be HAPPY!!! YEA FOR HAPPINESS!
*Kat*

------------------
"For, you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." -Rosemonde Gerard

Posts: 19 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little bit over a year ago, I got my hair cut short. Short enough to be frequently mistaken for a boy. A few months before that (the hair cut), I accepted myself as gay. The day that my hair was cut, I was so incredibly happy with everything. And I think it was because I was finally me and not forcing myself into a sterotype of a typical teenage girl.

I think you may be so happy because you're accepting yourself for who you are pretty much and you're happy with yourself.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockinkiddo
Neophyte
Member # 4921

Icon 12 posted      Profile for rockinkiddo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude, sounds like me. I always feel all *warm and fuzzy inside* heh, when i think about grrls and stuff. I'd just go with the flow and let things happen. grrls are great. i think most women are really bisexual and they just dont realize it. its a sad sad thing. experimenting is the best way to go. have fun. rock on.

Posts: 4 | From: ann arbor, mi, usa | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you feel happy about those things the same way I feel happy when I'm around my non-hetero friends. Mostly it's becaue I know that this proves that I accept who I am and like who I am, and I can be myself without worrying about the acceptance of others.

Figuring out who you are and then *liking* that person are things to be happy about babe.

And by the way, welcome to scarleteen

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Over Me affected me the same way, and I regularily listen to Leisha's music (she's in a band called the Murmurs, you should check them out, especially 'Echoing'), so I see nothing weird about that. Really, anything that makes you feel comfortable with who you are should make you happy, but that doesn't mean that how other people interpret who you are will make you feel the same way. And feeling that you're being forced to conform to ideas inappropriate for you is never going to feel right. I don't see any problem here. And do remember, you hardly need to be queer to be queer-friendly, and I think queer-friendly's a great way to be, so regardless of what your orientation is, I think you're right to be happy.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.