Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Silly "Ways to Tell" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Silly "Ways to Tell"
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No! NO! NOOOOOOOO! The left side CAN'T be straight! I wanted so bad to get my left ear pierced, just as a sign of my left-wing politics. And now it's straight... *goes to lick her wounds, so to speak*

------------------
"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisygirl215
Neophyte
Member # 6623

Icon 14 posted      Profile for daisygirl215     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im bi and ambidextrious (thats means youre both right and left handed) no piercings tho i do wanna get my right nostril pierced.
i love the rainbow anklet idea! when i get home im gonna make one. totally cool.

------------------
The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
-Hellen Keller

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisygirl215
Neophyte
Member # 6623

Icon 7 posted      Profile for daisygirl215     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mah momma always told m that you can tell if (young- teens,20s) guys are gay if theyre grocery shopping together.
::shrugs:: just a guess.

------------------
The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
-Hellen Keller

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bro and his roommate go shopping together all the time. My bro's not gay, but I don't know about his roomie.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well by at least half the stuff said here, I'm practically RUNNING gay pride parades!

At least with my friends, you want teh world to know you're gay? Wear a skirt.

Then again, around here, most people don't want people to know...

Hmm..

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewcosten
Neophyte
Member # 3923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewcosten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Other than the lisp and piercings (I don't lisp, and I don't have any desire to be pierced) I fit pretty much every stereotype for being gay (fashion, way I walk/sit, best friends all being female, hate sports, ambidextrous, etc.), and practically everyone thinks I am (the fact that I have girlfriends seems to be besides the point, I guess they figure I'm trying to deny it or something), but I have no attraction whatsoever to males (not that there's anything wrong with that). I just think its funny. Not that I normally deny being gay when accused, generally I have fun with their heads by pretending to come on to them (its fun to freak out fundementalists and bigots), but this is Toronto where its fairly acceptable to be gay (for the most part, there are idiot bigots everywhere unfortunately). So I suspect I'd probably confuse most people's gaydar here. I guess the stereotypes are just that.
Posts: 7 | From: Toronto,ON,Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<waves> hi from 6 hours away.

unrelated to drewcosten, (i dunno if my post enough was very clear, us, it's guys in skirts)

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a silly one:
If you tell a person they have something stuck to the bottom of their shoe, a guy who balances on one leg and crosses his foot in front of him onto his other knee to look down to check the bottom of his shoe is straight, but a guy who looks behind him over his shoulder and picks his foot up behind him is supposedly gay.

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That means I'm a straight man. Wow. I missed out on a lot of things in my life, didn't I? Heh heh heh.
Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In regards to the piercing bit, it's also sometimes stated that an earring in the left ear implies attraction to women, one in the right ear implies attraction to men, regardless of gender of the piercee.

------------------
'Every day is like Sunday'

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldengreeny Queeny
Neophyte
Member # 4807

Icon 10 posted      Profile for goldengreeny Queeny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, see, the mullet thing doesn't work, because I know this married couple - both men - and while one has this headful of blond curls, the other has this long, beautiful shade of red mop of a mullet. And I meant MULLET - the long ends are past his waist, and the short ends he usually has cut to about 3 inches. And the redhead isn't interested in women - although he get's mistaken for one a lot, due to how very pretty he looks, the llipgloss and nailpolish, and his tendancy to wear long flowy things... also, he's slender but he has hips. Very nice on the eyes. *g*

As for what side to pierce on, well, my mom had both my earlobes pieces when I was just a baby, and every time they grew over thereafter. And I'm bi. But, hey, then i moved away and let them grow over again, only to have my ears placed in a more unusual spot. *shrugs*

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kristintaylor
Neophyte
Member # 39023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristintaylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have fair gaydar when it comes to guys, which doesn't help me at all! =)
At dinner tonight, one of the waiters was wearing a rainbow t-shirt and seemed to watch intently (as I did) when the No on 8 commercial came on the bar TV, so, I think that was a pretty good indicator, but I often can't tell and I think women are so hard to figure out. Most (straight) people I know think that tomboy girls and feminine men are gay, so, it's like they think that there has to be a "male" and "female" in every relationship.

--------------------
Vote for Equality, Vote No on Prop 8.

I'm volunteering with the campaign, join in at http://noonprop8.com

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way I tell if people are queer is by assessing whether or not I'm attracted to them. It's worked surprisingly well in the past for both guys and girls. If they make my heart go pitter-patter, they're bound to be at least bi-curious.

(And my girlfriend is a southpaw, by the way. XD)

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tallia7793
Neophyte
Member # 39351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallia7793         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, that's interesting about the whole "bottom of your shoe" thing...

I, however, just tip my ankle to the side-- wonder what that makes me?

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That whole "musical theatre" thing (to expand on the earlier Judy Garland comment). I don't think the "am I into them" test works for me, though I (being a woman) actually managed to fall in love with Rufus Wainwright's music recently and was all like "does this mean I'm going to experience a life time of crushes on gay men (which would just be a little pointless as they won't be interested in me)?" because I thought I might be a little into him because I liked his voice so much, in fact, reflecting back on my life, I definitely do not have crush gaydar. I don't want a piercing and am right handed and look back over my shoulder when I'm checking for dog doo and dress mostly in blue and I love cats and dogs and I don't know what birkenstocks are and I'm not exceptionally enamoured of Judy Garland (though this may change with time).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.