Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Silly "Ways to Tell" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Silly "Ways to Tell"
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are loads of people out there who think they have the way to tell if someone's gay/bi/lesbian/whatnot. What are some of the strangest or craziest ways you've heard?

One of the weirdest, least thought out "methods" I've ever heard was if someone favored doing things on the left side of their body. By that logic, everyone who's not right-handed is queer.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! That's really funny. Both my girlfriend and I are left handed.

Anyway, I have no gaydar at all so this is something that a friend told me that works for guys pretty well. Tell them they have dirt under their fingernails. It they look palm up, that's a sign of queerness. If they look palm down, that's a sign of non-queerness. I really don't know how reliable that one is.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In elementary school, if a guy had his left ear pierced, he was gay, if he had his right ear pierced, he was straight, and if he had both he was bi. Yeah, I said, but what if he has his eyebrow pierced? Transsexual, or something? Well, we didn't know what transsexual was, but...

My mom thinks that a guy wearing a skirt and makeup is gay. I guess I better not tell her about Alon, a counselor at my camp who wore my skirt and let me give him a makeover for the CIT banquet. The theme was "What I want to be when I grow up," and so of course he got lots of *ahem* strange comments. I wore tight black pants, a tight black shirt with a sparkly red jacket over it...I want to be sexy when I grow up! Heh, I should get back in touch with him. (btw, he's, uh, definitely straight *grin*)

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

[Edited-please don't post your AIM screen name or you e-mail address, as agreed to in the guidelines]

[This message has been edited by PoetgirlNY (edited 01-04-2002).]

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My gaydar broke down long long ago....

My gay friend robert however, has decided that you can tell if a guy is gay by the way he sits and points his feet. If his feet angle one way, he's straight, the other way, he's gay (although i forget which is which).

Generally...I can tell people are gay when they have some sort of rainbow aorund their neck, or when they show up at my GBLT youth group fool proof. well...almost...

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, that rainbow patch/jewelry/hat/whatever is usually a big tip off.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderGirl16
Neophyte
Member # 4331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonderGirl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.... I was always told that for jewelry and stuff that left was straight and right was gay.....

rainbow clothes and stuff work well.... i've recently started wearing a rainbow ankle bracelet (on my right ankle )

interesting topic

Posts: 19 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago, I bought my friend a Wham album, and we spent some time giggling over how George Michaels has *two* earrings, and what that meant. I remember knowing that an earring in one ear meant a guy was straight, and an earring in the other meant he was gay . . . and totally not remembering which ear was which. I've also heard you can tell by the way a guy walks, which means one of my friends has bad a lot of suspicion about him.
Generally though, if a person doesn't make clear that they're guy, I've often found that a denial is a sign. Sounds mean, and doesn't speak well of our society, but frequently someone who spends a lot of time telling people how un-gay they are is someone who's not entirely sure they're straight.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

quote:
i've recently started wearing a rainbow ankle bracelet (on my right ankle)

Me, too!! Go us! Except I've been wearing mine a bit longer so it's really faded now. But it's still cool, nonetheless!

Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixie69:
My gay friend robert however, has decided that you can tell if a guy is gay by the way he sits and points his feet. If his feet angle one way, he's straight, the other way, he's gay (although i forget which is which).

Could be some truth in that. I've always sat 'funny' with my feet, with both of them pointing in different directions. (My parents say I sit like a penguin.) And i'm bi. Hehe.

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DrQuack5:
Ah! That's really funny. Both my girlfriend and I are left handed.

Shh, I'm left handed too. But let's not fuel the fire. :-D

Yeah, I remember the earring thing from junior high, too, except left was straight and right was gay. Both or more than one ring was even more gay. (Yet by senior year, probably a quarter of the class is walking around with both ears pierced. Go fig, eh?)

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

This makes me wonder how many people here are left handed ...
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
#1) My mom once got very pissed off at me at some point when the issue of earrings came up and I "didn't know" that if a guy wears an earring on the one side he's *gasp* like that... :P

#2) Back in the days of HS, I crushed really hard on this boy once, my first boy-crush since pre-pubescent times. I was quite confused as to what to do about this and my little sister, sensing that this would probably ruin my day, told me once (after hearing me talk about a friend of his): "Well of COURSE if his best friend is a GIRL he HAS to be gay." *smirk*

He and I never did date. We did become good friends, though.
#3) There is also this system of handkerchiefs I vaguely remember reading about as shown to me by a friend online, where you put a handkerchief in your pocket and it denotes various kinks (there's one for "vanilla," various forms of BDSM, "water sports," and of course gay/bi/whatever...

#4) I'm left-handed. And I went to this camp once for creative writing, and there were a huge number of extremely sexy girls-liking-girls there (mmmm it was such a little utopia) and one day during writing class someone said, "You know, because I'm left-handed." And the person who heard this was like, "You're...left-handed? OH MY GOD. So am I!" This ricocheted around the room until I'd say about 30 of us had said we were left-handed, including myself...

But then, we were all writers. There's been the idea that creativity==left-handedness for a while now...

But damn, did I have fun crushing hard on lots of girls while there....

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

[This message has been edited by rambler (edited 07-11-2001).]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the whole earing thing too. But, gasp, I don't want to get my ear pierced, I want to get my nose pierced. I'm right handed too, but I sort of wish I weren't sometimes. I feel like a sheep.

I also heard the whole "He dresses well, is nice to girls (ie doesn't just want to sleep with them), and has a lisp, he must be gay thing" often. Never, though, in description of myself. I have absolutely no fashion sense.

I know there are some other weird ones but I can't think of them right now, too *YAWN* sleepy.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carol
Activist
Member # 1661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i ve read about the whole left side of the body and the studies suggest that in fact a high percentage of gay people are left handed.
i also think i tell a gay women by the style of her hair.

Posts: 43 | From: brick | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot aboutthe hair thing!
A mullet on a woman means she likes women and a mullet on a man means he likes women . . . I think. Anyway, mullets are important.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Mullets? I haven't seen any of those for a looong time. Which is good (for me at least)
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mullets must die. *shudder*
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by carol:
studies suggest that in fact a high percentage of gay people are left handed.

I remember in my psychology textbook last year, it discussed that left-handed people are basically psychos waiting to happen. More likely to be paranoid, to be schizophrenic, blah blah blah... It was mildly disheartening. But then you look at the people who they listed as being lefthanded and feel special. Janis Joplin, Abraham Lincoln (I think), and bunches more very cool famous people.

But now I'm drifting from the topic at hand.

DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Well, I'll help derail the topic.

Lefties rock!

Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both my boyfriend and I are lefties, and neither of us is straight. So, judging from my sample, 100% of lefties, of either sex, are QUEER! Haha.

I also used to have an earring in my right ear (even though I'm a girl. I'm not sure if it works for girls). But now I am piercingless. But I still wear Birkenstocks and like cats

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilMissK
Neophyte
Member # 4869

Icon 6 posted      Profile for LilMissK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heehee! thats funny. I'm a righty but I'm bi. But I hate guys. How odd...hmm. But apparently no one except my 2 best friends figured it out and weren't suprised when I told them I'm bi. But I gues I DID spend all my time with them. But I think it was funny bcause I didn't have my first BIG crush on a girl until AFTER they all told me that I most likly would turn out to be a lesbian or something. Heh. Could be because I always talked about this girl or that along with boys. Hey, I thought that everyone looked at girls...apparently not. Heh. But I believe that the right ear thing is right. and I like that rainbow anklette thing!!! Thanx for the idea. I like it ALOT!
*Kat*

------------------
"For, you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." -Rosemonde Gerard

Posts: 19 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeno
Neophyte
Member # 5125

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Zeno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, on a (somewhat) more scientific note, a recent study shows that gays are more likely to have an index finger that is longer than their 4th finger (counting from the thumb -- I'm sure there is a specific word for it, but since I'm Dutch and too lazy to get a dictionary... ) Something to do with hormononal levels of the child during the pregnancy, which in turn could be connected to homosexuality. But the validity of the results were questioned by other scientists. However, checking out each others' fingers still makes a great party game, if you're with a group that is not too close-minded.

I have an amusing anecdote regarding this: after reading an article in the newspaper about the study, we (me and some friends) starting looking at our own fingers and those of others, when a 5-year old brother of one of the girls asked us "to see if his fingers were right(!)". Of course, he had very little idea of what we were talking about, but he managed nonetheless to unknowingly criticize society

Zeno
BTW - the tricks sort of works for me. I'm leaning to the straight side, although I'm not completely heterosexual, I think. But hey, my fingers tell me I am, so I'll just believe that

[edit]

OK, I didn't quite get that right. To begin with, take your *right* hand. For heterosexual men, the ring finger (finally looked it up and discovered it's literally the same as in Dutch, well dh) is on average longer than the index finger. For heterosexual women, the reverse is true or they are both equally long. If your fingers show the exact opposite pattern, then there is a (slightly?) larger chance that you are gay. Also, I've read that the more older brothers a man has, the more likely it is that he is gay.

[This message has been edited by Zeno (edited 08-11-2001).]

Posts: 8 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The left handed thing just doesn't work. A girl in my class from last year was left handed, she was straight. I'm right handed and a lesbian. There you go. Rainbow stuff doesn't work so great for an absence thereof, I wouldn't wear anything for fear of being beat up. Has anyone heard about the shoes thing? If someone tells you that you've got nice shoes, and never looks at them, you answer back that they've got nice shoes, too, also not looking at the shoes in question, you're both queer. Heard that somewhere... Nothing's perfect, I guess.
--Haruka

------------------
------------------------
"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs::

You know, I wonder about gaydar all the time.

The haircut thing does not always work... my gyno is a lesbian with a "straight" haircut. When she talks, though, it's clear [at least to me] that she's "in the club."

While a lot of times physical appearance can help... like girls wearing baggy clothes or guys wearing tight sweaters or pants... I always found that it was more of a aura thing as to whether or not I thought someone was queer. [Or, conversely, when they thought I was. I often present as a dyke- by the way I stand, talk, interact with others or dress, but that's all in accordance with my perception of the "dyke" archetype. And I've had plenty of people, straight and queer, know that I was a dyke before I came out to them... I guess I'm just really obvious. ::smiles::]

A lot of times, it seems to me, that it is the more "masculine" women or "feminine" men who are perceived as and actually are queer [i.e. taking on gender characteristics not of your percieved gender]. But that's not always true either, and something that leads into complicated issues of social construction... gah!

[And I am very sad to say that I have a mullet, but only because I'm trying to grow my hair out. It's been hat season for me. ::smiles::]

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I;m questioning whether or not my gayness is hormones because I'm right handed!!!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many moons ago, it was said that you could tell if a person was queer by the color of the clothing they wore on particular days. If my memory is correct, I believe wearing either green or yellow or lavendar on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays or Thursdays indicated that you were queer. <shrugs>

And of course, there were code words and phrases. "Friend of Dorothy's" was one, likely because so many gay men were (and still are, a lot of times) enchanted with Judy Garland, who, of course, was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz movie.

And then there's the rumor of the secret handshake, but nobody's shown me how to do it yet. <sulks>

Ah well, that's what my gaydar is for. I'm one of the lucky ones who has very accurate gaydar. <smirks>

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform." - Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read a fiction book once where in the early 1900's if a guy wore a red tie he was gay. Seeing as it was fiction, there's no way to know if the author made it up or not unless I bothered to find out, but I'm lazy. It's funny, though, to think of all those conservative politicians with red ties out there.

------------------
------------------------
"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is a gaydar?

women- i can tell if they're homosexual or not by the way their hair is. if it's short like a boys (a mullet i guess), they're more than likely gay. also, they wear big, long shorts.

men- usually they're very tidy and talk differently (ie- they are very nice to women and are just like straight women's best girl-friends.... did you get that?), and some f them shave their legs. they sometimes have a lisp, etc...

anyway, some of those are just stereotypes, so i won't get too carried away,

------------------
"Never take back your emotions. It's what you were feeling at that moment." -Leelee Sobieski

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buttercup
Neophyte
Member # 5760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buttercup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think my gaydar finally started showing signs of life a few days ago, but I'm not sure... I was in those sortings for a position in the army, one that requires people of great quality (and they wanted me to go to these sortings, so that's a good sign... ) and there were about 50 other girls there. Anyway, I didn't really know anyone there, but I caught one great looking girl looking at me, though she turned her head the other way when I looked back. Later, I sat down next to her with another girl I met there and she joined in our conversation. Later that day we two were left together waiting for our turn and she initiated casual physical contact. She also asked what I thought about this girl that we talked to earlier that she thought was pretty. When I answered that she's not my type, she took that just as seriously as I meant it. Any other person that got that kind of reaction from me thought it was a joke. Plus, I also felt some sort of a "vibe" from her. I can't really explain it, but something tells me that if she wasn't living about a million miles away from me something could have happen between us.

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.

Posts: 25 | From: Israel | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the lisp.

did you know the stereotypical gay male lisp transcends language barriers?

I got my hair cut off by a hair stylist in Thai Town in Los Angeles, and he had all the stereotypical effeminate male hair stylist mannerisms. He was short and scrawny, made the hand gestures, and lisped. He also spoke not a lick of English.

He said what translated to: "oh you want me to cut all of it off? what a waste! but i'll make it pretty, very pretty."

the Thai word for pretty is suay (rising tone, be careful not to mispronounce it otherwise it becomes a vulgar word), kinda rhymes with "buoy?" (the ? is intentional, it has that circumflex tone, sounds like you're asking a question). anyway, linguistics lesson aside, what he said sounded more like thuay, thuay, which struck me as odd because the Thai language doesn't have the soft "th" sound.

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's really interesting. How short is your hair now????
Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's chin length now. 28 inches all gone i'll post a picture of it when i get the chance.

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger69
Neophyte
Member # 6589

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ginger69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I apologize if this seems long but i am a very theoretical and observant person when i get started on something i tend to become long-winded. But anywayz this is just what i know of these things believe them or not thats your choice. its just what i have accumulated over the past 17 years.!!ENJOY!!!

I plan on getting my ear cartilage pierced on my right ear cause thats what i am comfortable with although when i get my nose pierced i am going to get it on the left side of my nose and if i get my eyebrow pierced at some point or other its going to be on the right side of my right eyebrow. kindof funny because i am bi and i lean more to the lesbian side.

And to asure you all it is infact definately through all my research of PEIRCING:Left Side- Straight; Right Side-Gay/Lesbian; and If both ears were pierced it meant you were BI. For girls its the cartilage that tells you and for guys its the ear lobe.

When it comes to wether your right handed or left handed i can't help you there, normally i am right handed, but if have to or need to i can right with my left hand too. Its just a little bit harder to do.

On the gaydar thing i can normally tell if a guy or girl is gay by the way they walk, sit, and comunicate.

[This is all based on my theoretical studies, i tend to get bored in the mall and begin reading peoples body language, unintentionally]

1)Its hard to explain, its a phsycic thing, most people can tell by the walk: if its more of a guyish for girls or girlish for guys kind of walk there is a 60%-40% chance their gay, if they walk in the idealistic way of their gender there is a 50%-50% they're either straight or Bi.

2)When they're sitting: for girls if they're sitting with their legs crossed ankle on knee or they're slouching with their legs spread like they're trying to trip people there is a good chance they're gay,if they cross they're legs like most girls they're most likely straight or bi..For Guys:if they're gay they tend to cross there legs more like girls,straight more like guys (of course).

3)Communication Through Body Language: Is Basically in How You Present yourself to the public. The simple waive of the hand in the air, the placing of the index finger straight on the face inbetween the corner of the lips and the apples of the cheeks when your thinking and such for guys-gay. for girls its along the lines of the way you sit wether you slouch, sitting with your legs open or closed. All of these and many more could give away or determine your sexual statis. Theoretically, of course.

[Remember, This is all based on my theoretical studies, i tend to get bored in the mall and begin reading peoples body language, unintentionally]

The Rainbow theory may be true in some cases but i happen to know alot of gays/lesbians/Bi's (including myself) who prefer not to wear rainbow colors, but instead wear dark colors so as to not stand out or (like me) because of taste.

The feet in different directions thing i do believe that one to be a highly believed theory.

And I have definately heard the hankercheif one and the index/ring finger one i just don't remember them well.

Hair has nothing to do with it a person, any person can wear their hair in any way it doesn't identify them at all.

Agian, i apologize if i went a little overboard which i think i did, Sorry.

Have A Wonderfully, Good, Joyess Day;
Ginger

------------------
~*..because when your stuck in a dark tunnel, with no way out,
you need someone to shine a light on things...*~^~Ginger(me)

Posts: 12 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger69
Neophyte
Member # 6589

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ginger69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again i am sorry for making that last entry so long and i will try keep things as short and to point from now on.~k~

Happy Days,

Ginger

[This message has been edited by Ginger69 (edited 01-17-2002).]

Posts: 12 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rekling
Activist
Member # 6341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rekling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my personal favorite way to know if someone is gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/dyke/fag/queer/etc is to hear them say "i'm <insert sexual orientation, gender identity, or lack thereof here>. granted, that's not *always* accurate...and it rarely describes *behavior*...but i find it to be the most respecful.

posture is a big thing for me (i'm a dancer...). posture will not usually make me label someone..but there are a couple of really horrible (as in, anatomically horrible) postures which are frequently seen among queer people (they vary by sex/gender identity)...

but if i'm trying to find out if someone is queer....i usually just wait for them to tell me....and it usually happens pretty quickly

-rek

Posts: 72 | From: oberlin, oh / new york city | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.