Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Oh, the joy of spontaneity!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh, the joy of spontaneity!
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, yesterday night there was a Gay Prom where I lived, gathering people under 21 in the Bay Area for a night of mingling and dancing. Woo hoo, of course I went!

I never really considered myself lesbian, but I did know I was definitely bi-curious. When I arrived at Centennial Hall (the place where the dance was held) I noticed a stuning girl in a really cool dress...I knew I'd have to talk to her some time during the night!

So the dance went on and of course I was too shy to do anything about it...but every once and a while I'd sorta make my way to the spot where she was dancing to be sort of close to her (I'm so dorky! :P). But still, it had been 4 hours and I hadn't said a word to her.

Me and one of my friends were really hot from dancing so we decided to go outside where we saw Stunning Girl and her friends. Stunning Girl and I caught eachother's eyes... and we held a really long stare. Wee! They decided to go back inside after a couple of minutes and needless to say, we followed them.

Ah! It had now been 11:50pm...only 10 minutes left and I didn't even talk to the girl. I was so disappointed. But finally... I got the guts to ask her while dancing what grade she was in and where she went to school. Yay! But for some reason....asking her name slipped my mind :P

OK, so the DJ was playing the final fast song...and it was taking FOREVER. I knew Stunning Girl was getting tired (as was I) and I just wanted it to end so I could ask her to dance the final slow dance with me. But...before the fast song ended she sat down. Nooooo!

After what seemed like an eternity the last slow song started. I saw Stunning Girl shoot up from her table of friends and go run into the crowd...I guess looking for either one of her friends or someone to dance with. Her search was unsuccessful, so she went back to her table. She grabbed one of her other pretty friends and was (sorta) walking my way. They kinda just stood there, until Stunning Girl asked me "Do you want to dance with me? Of course, with my friend and all." I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy! She wanted to dance with me! I guess they sort of overlooked my friend (I did, too...I was already walking with them to get a better dance spot!) but my friend finally said "What about me?" and joined in. Darn her, she was dancing next to Stunning Girl! But, that's OK...cos we all had our arms around eachother...and my arms we overlapping hers and everything was nice .

I finally asked their names. Stunning Girl's name was Tenaya and her friend's name was Brooke. Brooke asked me if I wanted some water from her water bottle...and I was gulping it down (it was so hot!). I didn't know where to put the water bottle after I was done, so I put it in the middle of the space we were dancing. Tenaya said, with the water bottle in the center, that it looks like we were making a flower .

Anyway, after the dance I hugged them both, first Brooke (a nice, sweet hug), then Tenaya (a better hug...I sort of rubbed her back). When Tenaya and I let go of our hug, we had that little thing with our hands where it's not *quite* holding hands because no one was holding strong enough but we were grabbing eachother's fingers. After we totally let go, she sorta touched my stomach and messed with my shirt... that made me double happy! :P

So it was the end of the dance, and I made my way over to the lobby...purposely waiting for Tenaya to walk out. When she did, I walked over to her and hugged her again and said "You're just too cute, I have to!". Then I kissed her on the cheek. OH, JOY! But then she said something about me being so sweet...and she huged me harder and gave me the best kiss on the cheek I've ever gotten. I was so smitten! :P

She left the lobby....but then came back. She said (in a nice, embarrassed way) "My friends are making me get your number...", so we both wen't scavaging for a pen. We couldn't find one, but then one of her friends said "she always came prepared" and finally pulled on out of her bag. I tried telling her my number but she couldn't write it on her hand...cos she was holding too much stuff. So I decided to put my stuff down and I wrote my number on her hand. She did the same for me.

I'm sorry this post was so long...but I had to tell some people! She was literally one of the most attractive girls I've seen in a while and she was so sweet. I'd die of overzealousness (is that even a word? :P) if she called....oh, geez! It DID seem that she liked me, no? I hope so!!

Love,
Veronica

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I actually don't think there's a gay prom in Phoenix, kind of a bummer, but they sound cool. And, it sounds like you had a good time at one. I know how that feeling is, when you see someone and you think he/she is cute but you don't know how to approach them. Good luck.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, now I have to go to mine! It sounds like she did like you. I'm sure she'll call, and if she doesn't, maybe you can call her! Good luck!!

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, that's such a sweet story!! It totally sounds like she was smitten with you too. It's okay, we all know what it's like when you meet that awesome chick and you want to yell it from rooftops Tell us what happens!

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CuriouS GeorgE
Activist
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriouS GeorgE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwwwwww cuuuuuuuteeeee!!!

That is WAY too adorable!! I don't know what I would do if I was you!! I would get so anxious of waiting, I would call her myself!
Congrats!! I think that that is SSSSOOOOOOOO
cool that you have a gay prom!! I wish we had some up here where I live! That would be totally awesome!! Here's my advice, TOTALLY CALL HER!!!!! Arrange to go out somewhere or something!

------------------
CuRioUs GeoRGe

Love is an irrisistable desire to be irrisistably desired.
-Robert Frost

Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I *did* get too anxious and did call her on Tuesday

It has horrible though...because I tried calling her at my friend's house, but she doesn't have long distance (even though it's technically not a long distance call) so it wouldn't go through. The closest payphone said "invalid number" and...my heart totally sunk. I thought she gave me a false number. So me and my friend went walking for about 5-10 minutes trying to find a pay phone that wasn't totally filled with the coins...and finally we did so I called. Her mother picked up the phone, and told me that she as using the other line. I asked her if she could tell Tenaya to call me back, and I heard her mother ask "do you have Veronica's number?" to Tenaya... with a response of "Um...yes, YES! OH MY GOD! Yes, I do!!". I was *so* excited She called me back later on that night, but I wasn't home

So I called her Wednesday night... it was so-so. She was studying for finals, so we only talked for maybe 15 minutes. And, quite early in the call she asked me how old I was. This was the worst part of the call. She knew I was a freshman...and I knew she was a junior, so we both kinda had either two ages that the person could have been in our minds. I asked her to tell me how old she was first (and I was praying for 16) and she told me... (start scary, suspenseful music) 17. And....she asked me. I told her I was quite a bit younger...and I said probably "too young". She finally dragged it out of me, yes i'm a darned 14!

So then after our quite long talk on the age thing...I still asked "is there a possibility for friendship, still?" in which she replied "that's a DEFINITE possibility". So, the next step is to ask for the relationship question, right? RIGHT! So I asked that...and she said "that's a possibility, also" Wee!!! She's so adorable! I actually said to her "oh, you're so cute!" and she said "you are, too...that's the problem!" It's quite obvious that the age thing makes her uncomfortable, but...it's not exactly the best scenario for me either.

And the phone call went on. I asked her what kind of music she listens to...and she said all types. She even admitted to liking some of K.D. Lang's song...I said "how stereotypical" and she said to me (in a loving way) "oh, shut up". Aww....

The phone call ends. I tell her to call me when she's less stressed (finals were killing her!) to call me....and...that'd be today when she gets out of school. I hope she will call, but...if not... I could wait til maybe Saturday

Now i'm in a lovey-duvy mood, darn it! ,
Veronica

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee hee hee hee! Oh, I am now living vicariously through you.

This girl sounds great. Hmm... Friendship, I believe should come first, so maybe after exams you guys can hang out! I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats!

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hotbuttered
Neophyte
Member # 5108

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hotbuttered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaw. Your story is so cute. Keep it comming, it's like a reality soap. Good Luck!

------------------

Posts: 2 | From: South Africa | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilMissK
Neophyte
Member # 4869

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LilMissK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww!! thats SOOO cute!! makes me want to go to the out youth place here in my city. but it made me SMILE reading it!!! thats so great for you!

------------------
"For, you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." -Rosemonde Gerard

Posts: 19 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hillary
Neophyte
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hillary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is Hayward in California? I live in Los Angeles... I've never heard of a gay prom... but then again I havent looked at youth groups. im 14 too. im so glad for you!
Posts: 21 | From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goblin_girl01
Neophyte
Member # 7389

Icon 12 posted      Profile for goblin_girl01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woooowwww!! That is SO GREAT! I was feeling sorta crummy today (Current Affairs can do that to you - the world is so depressing...) but this completely cheered me up! I'll have to re-read this whenever I'm sad (esp. about relationship stuff).

------------------
"This computer makes me all frowny with pure nougat-filled hatred!"
-Jhonen Vasquez

Posts: 13 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_magick
Neophyte
Member # 7369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice_magick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG!!! That is, like, BEYOND adorable!!!!!!!!!! Good luck w/ur relationship!!!!
Posts: 34 | From: Baltimore,MD,21214 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.