Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » So happy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So happy...
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody. This isn't really a 'question' post, more of a statement. I just wanted to say a big thanks to Miz S and everyone else here at scarleteen.
Why? A couple of nights ago I came out as bisexual to a couple of my friends at uni. I've been deliberating over this for ages (i think i did a post in august(?) about that). Anyway, it went better than I thought it possibly could. One of the friends I was with told me she was a lesbian, and that loads of our mutual friends knew about this (including the other person we were with) and none of them minded at all! Whcih is great, cos now I have a whole load of people who, if I decide to tell at some point, i know won't mind and that takes *a lot* of worry off my mind.
I know it's rather long winded story, but I just wanted to say thanks to eveyone here. I might not have made that many posts, but i've read loads of the ones other people have made, and I think that doing that (+articles here) have really helped me come to terms wiht who am i quicker than otherwise. I'm only out to two people, but it's a huge step (as many here will know, i'm sure) for me to have made
So keep up the good work...

Calvin
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(drumroll please!)

Welcome to the world outside the closet, Clav!

And I'm so glad it went well.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Clav! It's great to hear your friends were okay about it.
Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!!!!! Clav, I think that's wonderful! I know how hard it is to come out of the closet. You've got guts! I hope life outside of the closet treats you well. It seems you have some great friends, too. Take care!

~Mary

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you didn't trip on the laundry on your way out.

Good for you hon and we are all happy for you too. *whistles and jumps around*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks for the great replies everybody. Thats why i love this site...

Calvin
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science" (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Clav!

I know I am late but I still wanted to join in with the well-wishing. Am very happy for you.

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. It makes me so happy when people can just be open about who they are, no matter who they are.
Wishing you the best.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.