Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Early same-sex crushes (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Early same-sex crushes
fallchild
Activist
Member # 28780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fallchild         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone else already said Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin. What can I say? That gal is HOT [Wink]
Posts: 117 | From: SLC, UT | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missmaddie24
Neophyte
Member # 34701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missmaddie24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a girl at my camp when I was 11 I realized it after I found out she was lesbian.
my first celeberty girl crush was Ashley on south of nowhere a few weeks ago so when I was 13

[ 08-24-2007, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: missmaddie24 ]

Posts: 2 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My latest crush is on Cathy DeBuono, she's just so hot.
Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodivaSyndrome
Neophyte
Member # 36232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GodivaSyndrome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed at least one other person had an early crush on Sailor Uranus (or Haruka Tenoh) from Sailor Moon. I'm guilty too! I had to be 10 years old and she was so beautiful and strong and didn't take **** from anyone. I recognize my infatuation with her, even though I didn't realize it then.
Posts: 21 | From: Oakdale | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kirsten1031
Neophyte
Member # 36656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirsten1031     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, my first crush was definitely on this cute girl in fifth grade. I knew it was a crush at the time, but I never really thought of its impact until a few years later when I really began to acknowledge my sexuality. Famous people wise, I'm crushing on model Agyness Deyn and Keira Knightley. <3

--------------------
I believe that love is love. There is nothing more to it, and no one --no one-- has the right to judge another human being based on whom they fall in love with.

Posts: 4 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locked-within-the-secret
Neophyte
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locked-within-the-secret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, when I was younger, I was so attracted to Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music and Mary Poppins.. I was so young, I didn't realise it was a crush.. until I watched the movies again recently [Smile] All I was thinking was.. "god.. Julie Andrews is so beautiful and hot.. now I know why I was so attracted to her when I was younger!" Now I wish I could go back in time and marry her lol! [Big Grin] Oh well I can always dream! lol!

[ 01-21-2008, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: locked-within-the-secret ]

Posts: 4 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fangnaf
Neophyte
Member # 36723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fangnaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Earliest girl-crush? My then and now best friend. Probably started liking her in early 6th-ish grade, first entertained the possibility that it was a crush late 6th grade, and decided that I'd definately liked her in 9th grade. Told her in 9th grade, knowing she wouldn't mind. She's got a boyfriend, and he's awesome. So... that's happy.
Celebrities? Ummm... Alexis Bledel. Lily from Hannah Montana...

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kriztanni
Neophyte
Member # 37313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kriztanni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it was...well i was very young but one of the few girls i had crushes on were my friend vanessa, mmm the nanny of one of my friends(on my defense she was GORGEOUS!) my nanny raquel(she was like 21 and she was HOT) lol
oh and in school like in 4th grade there was this girl, i swear! she had a crush on me! jaja she wrote it on a note.
oh and in high school when i was a freshman(im a junior now) this girl and me just flirted all the time... and she didnt even know i was bisexual. since she started flirting with me, i started doing the same. lol

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake ^-^
Neophyte
Member # 37742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake ^-^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my friend ben when i was 8 or 9 (my first guy crush), uhhh michael john or whatever from american idol is very attractive. lol. *blush* aaand my newest crush, connor from my spanish class =p

--------------------
jake :]

Posts: 4 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie101
Activist
Member # 37085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was about 8, I liked this girl Samantha(who was my friend) , we go camping in the summer and there was these people we know who are seasonal campers and once they brought their granddaughter, no wait it was 2 times they brought her, and when we had sleep-overs at her grandparents trailer we would like do oral sex on eachother and kiss and everything, but since I was only 8/9 I dont really count that as my first time having oral sex , I dont know if I should or not so I just dont

--------------------
stephh!

Posts: 88 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fredhead
Neophyte
Member # 37768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fredhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seventh grade, new girl. Very pretty, dark auburn hair and cute smile. Very nice, silly, fun, amazing. Crush remains.

Celebrities? Ellen Page for a while; I'm kind of obsessed with Olivia Thirlby right now.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequila101
Neophyte
Member # 38567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequila101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in my last year of school and I've developed this enourmous crush on the head of our year group, who is also an english teacher.

I find her extremely sexy and attractive and we get on so well...slightly better than students and teachers should, I think! However, that said, i don't know how she feels...i mean she's always flirting with me and seems to give me preferential treatment over the rest of the students in my year group but I have no idea what to do!!!?? HELP!?

Celebrity crushes would be: Alessandra Ambrosio, Jennifer Beals, Mandy Musgrave, Doutzen Kroes...I do like the supermodels!! [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful*But*Lonely
Neophyte
Member # 38578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful*But*Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have that same problem quite a bit. And I personally think its because I have an over active imagination. But I can garuntee that a very huge population of females develop crushes on other females. Most of the time it is because there is something about them that you wish guys had in them, or you think of yourself looking like them or being like them, and you grow so fond of them you start a little crush. It's most likely a phase. But there is still a possibility that you are becoming bi-sexual. My advice is to maybe explore a little. Experiment. Start out slowly though, start with an innocent kiss with someone willing. If you do want it to pass, then maybe it will help you move on from those type of feelings.

--------------------
*To keep yourself together when *everybody else expects you to *loose all self is *TRUE STRENGTH*

Posts: 8 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful*But*Lonely
Neophyte
Member # 38578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful*But*Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to "tequila101" my best thought to that would be not to make any big moves. Im not trying to be rude or anything at all but since you like her, it could all be in your head. my mother is a psycologist and she has alot of patients that come to her with subjects like these. And because you have developed such a big crush on your teacher you have developed this hypothetical relationship in your mind with her. I hope that you dont take any of what I have said as me being mean. Next time you talk to her or see her try to put the thought of her flirting out of your mind. Because if you think about it she may just really like you as one of the student that dont try to be a class clown or smart alec.

--------------------
*To keep yourself together when *everybody else expects you to *loose all self is *TRUE STRENGTH*

Posts: 8 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tequila- I would avoid any sort of interaction with your teacher beyond what is appropriate for students and teachers, regardless of whether she seems interested in you as well. You both could get into a ton of trouble (especially the teacher- she could lose her job for getting involved with a student).

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crlisa
Neophyte
Member # 38414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crlisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
totally natalie imbruglia especially in her torn video... Clarissa in clarissa explains it all... Winona Ryder, alex mack haha... So cool... And nelly furtado back in the day... First big crush was on this older girl I danced with... She was the most amazing dancer, I used to go to the studio just to watch the senior dance team's classes... Obviously still obsessed!
Posts: 2 | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnansiGirl
Neophyte
Member # 34159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnansiGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by margi007:
My first same sex crush was Princess Jasmin from the Disney movie ALADDIN. It must be true what they say about corrupting subliminal messages in kids' cartoons!

YES! You too? I thought Princess Jasmin was me-ow long before I realised that made me more than straight...oh, and while we're on the subject of disney, the felinish Captain from Treasure Planet was another one, even if her name's lost to me right now.

Hnn, real life - quite a few of the pretty indian/pakistani girls in my high school, including my chemistry teacher... my gods that woman had an amazing rack... it's a miracle we ( as in me and the boys in the class) ever wrote anything down when she was facing us.

As for actresses, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez, and Freema Agyeman. Blame Princess Jasmin.

--------------------
"I'm bouncing off the walls again, woah-oh~
I'm acting like a fool again, woah-oh~
Threw away my reputation,
For one more song on the RADIO STATION~"

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tallia7793
Neophyte
Member # 39351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallia7793         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Lordy...

First was Jamie Lee Curtis (Fish Called Wanda), then Zooey Deschanel and Keira Knightley, for a while it was Anna Pacquin (X-men), now it's totally Maggie Gyllenhaal (Mona Lisa Smile, Stranger Than Fiction, and The Dark Knight). And Imogen Heap, too! Gosh, I never realized how many girls I have crushes on 'til now [Big Grin]

Wow, reading through this thread...you guys all have REALLY good taste! [Big Grin]

P.S. Hey, AnansiGirl-- that feline alien's name Captain Amelia... I should know, I was obsessed with her for a loooooong time [Big Grin]

[ 07-18-2008, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: tallia7793 ]

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... mine need updating a tad from Page 2...
Patrick Dempsey
Barack Obama
Andrea Bocelli (I know...)
And Michael Stipe... although he's actually gay, so you never know.
That reminds me of this video he made taking the mick out of heteronormativity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuHayrdAP_k

--------------------
In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I dont know what I am. I dont know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Knives//Bright Eyes
Neophyte
Member # 39503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hot Knives//Bright Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.
My first same sex crush was probably..
Sakura.. From Cardcaptors.
I'm serious. XD
I loved that show.

NOW? Celebrity crushes: ANGELINA JOLIE, Scarlett Johanson, Megan Fox.. XD
Mmmmm. @w@;

--------------------
[Yeah they take you. Seperate you. And they rape you if you ever wonder why, why!]

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hinata's Girl
Neophyte
Member # 40289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hinata's Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um....
her name was Dana.. in 7th grade
went to a sleepover with... slept by her(swoons)

i love anime girls... Hinata from naruto is my absulute fave!!
I also had a crush on my 7th grade scines teacher... lol

(if anybody knows who i am dont tell anyone)

--------------------
"My mom used to say to me; When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
Well, now that I'm older i just add Vodka"
-Buddy

Posts: 6 | From: The Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarleteenfan
Activist
Member # 39889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarleteenfan         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenn Aniston all the way. she's so beautiful, talented and 100% classy.
Posts: 60 | From: USofA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a huge crush on Jamie Lee Curtis after seeing her in A Fish Called Wanda, I said how I thought she looked really distinctive and striking and that was how I realized I wasn't straight, it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't just admire her, I was into her, I knew that what I was feeling was sexual, it was teh awesome. Also I had a thing for Alyson Hannigan, Wynona Ryder and this cool anime character from a series called His and Her Circumstances called Tsubaki, I now have a crush on Margaret Cho and this awesome girl I know who's a friend of mine, and a bit of a thing for Sue Perkins, I also loved Linda Smith, and I have an admiration crush (kinda) on this nice older woman I know who's been really supportive of me, though it's only slightly sexual and mostly just a sense of the exhilaration that comes from seeing someone who's company you love.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unpleasant_visitor
Neophyte
Member # 41278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unpleasant_visitor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember all of my same-sex crushes and believe me, there's too many to mention. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | From: Antartica | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was about 6, Mary Martin as Peter Pan. I'd run around singing "I'm Flying," imagining I was Peter Pan too.

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pcwhite
Neophyte
Member # 41633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pcwhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Annie Lennox from precisely this music video (god i love youtube [Big Grin] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pGJFwI_tM )

I don't remember how old I was when I first saw this, but I was definitely still a kid. Watching that video again inspires one of those pleasant gushes of nostalgia...sigh...

Posts: 21 | From: guelph, ON | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Boy, THAT brings back memories. The woman that gave me permission to crop my hair to nothing and wear ties in 1983!)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starless.sky
Neophyte
Member # 41976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starless.sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow,and i thought i was the only one having these same sex crushes but i mostly have crushes on celebrities
my first same sex crush was my class teacher in seventh grade(and this was also my last same sex crush on a non-celebrity)
my celebrity crushes
angelina jolie and olivia wilde

Posts: 4 | From: manhattan,newyork | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pineapplepillow
Neophyte
Member # 43816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pineapplepillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first same sex crushes were at 2 and 3. Well before I had crushes on the opposite sex at 8 and 9. My first same sex crush on a celebrity, however, was Natalie Portman at 7 when the first Star Wars prequel came out. Then Emma Watson at 10 with Harry Potter, and Angelina Jolie at 12. Now I have tons, but those were the first really.
Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannoncookies
Neophyte
Member # 44150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannoncookies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, I had a crush on Emma Watson when I was younger too! ^_^ (and maybe still do a little bit..) I remember trying to convince my best guy friend in 5th grade that she wasn't hot because I thought she was... (it made sense in my mind at the time)
I've had a crush on Scarlett Johansson a lot for a few years. I think she's gorgeous.
As for legit non-celebrity crushes... aside from slight little things, my first real crushes on girls are actually now. I've had a kind of admiration-crush on a girl who lives down the street from me for about a month, and for the past couple weeks, basically since school started, I've had a major crush on a freshman (I'm a junior...weird? she looks and acts older than I am) who hangs out in my group. I'm pretty much obsessed, and it's getting past a little crush at this point [Wink]

--------------------
Peace, love, and cookies.

Posts: 3 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildRice
Neophyte
Member # 45445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildRice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first crush was the new girl who came to my elementry school during my third grade. I totally thought she was a boy for about a year, but when I found out she was a girl it didn't change my feelings towards her. Then she left and I forgot about her and this new girl came into my life in grade eight english. I was her partner for an ice breaker exercise and we became friends quickly. I didn't realize I had a big crush on her until I asked her to make out with me one drunken new years. lol
Posts: 38 | From: Northwest Coast | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I used to have a crush on this very tomboyish girl who was the older sister of one of my sister's friends, she was about my age and I thought she was a boy then I found out she was a girl and I thought "does it really make any difference?" This all happened over the course of one afternoon [Smile]

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Dave
Neophyte
Member # 47159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always liked Omri Katz from Eerie Indiana, but my first "feeling" was for Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh cartoon. [Smile]
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainyrocks9
Neophyte
Member # 47310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainyrocks9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah..i like my friend..dark black hair tan skin..brown eyes:) she's so PRETTY..and nice..and she thinks she bi like me:)) so happy..but i kinda like hermione in the harry potter movies [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe

Posts: 9 | From: USA, TX | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first liked a girl in kindergarten. Young, I know. It was obviously not the same sort of a crush I would feel now, but I thought she was perfect and I didn't understand how anyone could feel any differently. I didn't ever talk to her, I simply stared at her during recess (she wasn't in my class) and I never told any one how I felt, I had no idea that there was anything special about how I felt about her. I just thought she was amazing and that everyone else thought so too.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.