Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Two Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Questions
Trinitybh
Neophyte
Member # 2720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinitybh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two questions. I would like to know if I would be considered bisexual if I just had sex with another female? Though I haven't experienced this yet, I would like to.
And my second question is how would you be able to find or tell if another girl is bisexual or a lesbian if they were someone you did not know?

Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you JUST had sex with her? I think that is a very emotional step in a relationship dont you? The question is thou, would you consider YOURSELF to be bisexual? Is about what you and how you feel about this situation, nobody can awnser that but you.

Read some of the things in this forum about bisexuality, its good stuff!
Here is a website you can go to and read about it: www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/pages/whatis.html

It will tell you what bisexuality and homosexuality is.

Your second question, I cant help you with (sowwys) Miz S, might be able to give you some websites thou.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only way to tell if someone is gay, lesbian, bisexual, or straight is if they tell you. There is no secret handshake, no special tattoo, beanie, wallet card, or any other way to tell.

As for whether a person is bisexual if they've had same-sex sexual activity? Not necessarily. Sexual orientation is about how YOU feel you identify and what is important to YOU, not necessarily just what you've done with your plumbing. In fact, you don't ever have to have sex with ANYONE of ANY gender in order to know who you're attracted to.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all the term bisexuality is is a label to give yourself if you really feel that you need one.. but having sex with one girl doesn't make you bisexual just as having sex with one guy doesn't make you straight or definitly not gay. It's all about what you feel, and it is also possible for your sexuality (or believed sexuality) to change over any amount of time (some people experiment when they're young and consider themselves "straight" when they are older while others wait until they are married and settled down to actually come out to themselves and realize they are attracted to others of the same sex. My suggestion is: don't stress out about labeling yourself so much, and don't jump into any "sex' just for the purposes of finding out. Sex is a very emotional thing whether you think you are a "strong" person or not and beside the emotional problems it can cause there are a large number of health reasons not to "just" have sex. Now- i'm not saying that if you find the right person you shouldn't do it-- but don't jump into anything. It's hard to find others who are interested/curious/gay/bi but believe me, they're out there. You could check out online personal sites like elight.com or planetout.com or just hope that someone you're already close buddies with feels the same way. If you don't find anyone, don't fret. You've got a long life ahead of you and plenty of time to figure things out.
Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.