Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » No Attraction?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Attraction?
collier
Neophyte
Member # 1723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for collier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 18 year old male. I have been struggling with the question of whether or not I might be gay for a while now. I mean I am attracted to girls physically, emotionally, and sexually. But for the past few years I have developed some weird psychological disturbance. It seems that I get so jealous of my male friends so easily and over the stupidest stuff. Like if they get a new girlfriend, don't invite me to go somewhere, or just plain out haven't talked to me for a while. I even find myself staring at my friends' bodies because they are so physically fit and somewhat handsome. Am I just extremely jealous of them or am I developing an attraction for males? I have lost so many friendships over this.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble with a question like this is that it's really hard to answer, not being in your head.

Even heterosexuals can find same-sex bodies and people attractive and aesthetically pleasing, and it isn't necessarily sexual. It's especially hard to determine when you're younger, because it is no normal and so common to be figuring out how you feel about yourself by looking at others.

Give it time -- you have your whole life to figure it out.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.