Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Am I a lesbian?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I a lesbian?
jo83
Neophyte
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jo83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am pretty sure I am a lesbian, but I have never had any relationships with girls. When I masterbate, I fantasize about myself with a girl. I am sexually attracted to women. I have several crushes on women. Thinking about women turns me on. But sometimes, I find some guys cute. But guys don't turn me on. In fact, I find the thought of penises disgusting. Also, I have never had a relationship with a guy either. So based on this information am I a lesbian?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! USE SEARCH, JUST USE THE STUPID SEARCH!!!!!

and ya'll know how much I hate caps!!!!!

Darling this question has been answered again and again and again, but *sigh* I'll answer it for the 60th time anyway.

#1: You don't HAVE to label yourself. It's not like you're going to write "gay, dyke, queer, bi, trans" on your forehead in permanent marker and it will never leave. People change, things change, feelings change, you can be straight, queer, and bi in a year and then start all over again. I don't understand what is up with people's infatuations with labeling themselves. Whatever you want to write on your forehead is in Crayola marker, it washes off kay?

#2: It sounds like you very well could be a lesbian, it also sounds like you can be bi. Only you can answer your question. It's quite normal for queers to find someone of the opposite sex attractive and it's normal for straight's to find someone of the same sex attractive. You choose to define who you are. It sounds like you're pretty sure you're a dyke, and there's nothing wrong with that.

*sigh* Don't you wish they had a book called "How To Be A Queer" complete with the secret queer handshake so you know for sure if that cute girl is a friendly hetero or if she really is flirting with you? Life would be easier, no?

Hugs, Happiness, Pixie Dust,
Brittany

*writes BISEXUAL on forehead in orange and black Crayola markers*

PS: No I don't have Halloween spirit, orange and black are my school's colors.

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best answer to the question "Am I a lesbian?" is almost always

"What do *you* think?"

because really, YOU are the only person whose opinion matters. You get to decide what to call yourself, and you get to decide what feels right to you. You also don't have to decide anything at all. It's really perfectly okay to be attracted to the people who attract you without feeling the need to label yourself in any way, shape, or form.

Welcome to Scarleteen.

By the way folks, we do not encourage people to include their e-mail addresses in their posts. These are public forums. Many people come here to read what people write. We have no control over who comes to this site. Some of them are people who may decide to use posted e-mail addresses to send harrassing e-mail to people. Please recognize that when you post your e-mail address, you are taking this risk. If you want to remove your email address from your post, please feel free to edit it out (or ask one of the administrators to do it).

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoyPoetNU
Neophyte
Member # 3094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoyPoetNU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the best thing that I could tell you is DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Sexuality is a very complex thing. It is not something you will figure out over night. If you think a girl is cute flirt with her, see if there is a response. If you think a guy is cute, flirt with him, see if there is a response. Take your life one day at a time and you will wake up and know for sure eventually. It is nothing to worry about, it's just a process of figuring yourself out. Try finding a boyfriend (or girlfriend, but I think boyfriend would be easier?). I'm sure that actually being in a relationship will help you find out who you are.

------------------
"We barely have time to react in this world, let alone rehearse, and I don't think that I am better than you, but I don't think that I am worse. Women learn to be women and men learn to be men, and I don't blame it all on you, but I don't want to be your friend." Ani DiFranco(Letter to a John)

Posts: 9 | From: Niagara University, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.