Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » A problem with understanding the situation.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A problem with understanding the situation.
Arthur Lexington
Neophyte
Member # 95913

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Arthur Lexington     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, for once, i'll be *moderately* on topic.

a few months ago, I began toying with the idea that I might be bisexual, however I'm having alot of conflicting feelings.

>It seems to be a greater taboo for a male to be bisexual than a female.

>Even my bisexual friends (both male and female) do not want to lift a finger to help me.

>It seems odd to me to be challenging such an ironclad belief (And I challenge gender stereotypes already watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

I know that human sexuality is a total grey area, regarding situational and internal stimuli and things such as pressure and religion.

What totally puzzles me, is that I have an idea *some of the time*, those times being hanging out with my bi friend Skyler; we like to sit on eachother's laps and cuddle like a boyfriend and girlfriend do, maybe even a kiss on the cheek, or a playful slap but he and I have known eachother for YEARS so is that just the camaraderie
acting or is there an attraction? (this being said, I have brought up the subject with him but he avoids it like a minefield.)

Other times, like when i'm hanging around people who know they are straight and have a girlfriend, and I myself have even been in a hetero relationship and loved the hell out of it.

i'm usually the person who gives the best SitRep in my "circles", but this Situation has me totally disarmed, I have no idea what i'm doing and I have no idea how to be sure what I am.

[ 07-27-2012, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Arthur Lexington ]

--------------------
Pax est mendacium, Mundus est mendacium, Fatum Terminatum

Posts: 13 | From: [CLASSIFIED] | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Arthur! [Smile] There are no "rules" in regards to how one defines their sexuality. You get to identify as whatever you feel comfortable with. If you feel that bisexuality is a label that you like, feel comfortable in, and is suitable with, then by all means feel free to identify that way. However, if you are unsure right now and want to take some time to explore your sexuality, that is perfectly okay too. Do whatever you feel best for yourself right now, and don't be in a hurry to assign yourself a label if you are unsure. It's alright to be unsure. Many people are unsure of their sexual identity at some point, due to the fact that sexuality is fluid.

Remember, you get to identify as whatever YOU feel comfortable with.

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In fact, a person's sexuality in never exactly the same as anyone else's. As I like to say...

"unique is normal,
normal is weird,
weird is good"!

You are unique, normal, weird and good, all at once! [Smile] Even though it can sometimes affect you, when people dislike the unique "you", that is primarily their issue, not yours.

Best wishes! [Smile]

[ 07-28-2012, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arthur, I wonder if you've seen these articles and if they might be any help to you.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gaydar/the_bees_and_the_bees_a_homosexuality_and_bisexuality_primer
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gaydar/q_is_for_questioning
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gaydar/living_without_labels

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.