Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Read up but still have questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Read up but still have questions
sunnyday
Activist
Member # 45219

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sunnyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,
I've read the articles on bisexuality but still have questions. Is it likely that one is bisexual if they fall hard for a specific person of the same sex and at times find the bodies or features of the same sex attractive?
Thanks!
-Sunny

Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. Are you asking if bisexual people find people of their same sex very attractive? Or if they will fall for a single person?

If those are your questions then, yes! Bisexual simply means that if you are a woman that you do not ONLY find other women or other men attractive, that you find both attractive. It doesn't mean that you date multiple people at one time. That's a totally different thing called polyamory.

Do you want to give this a read and come back with any additional questions? The Bees and...the Bees: A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnyday
Activist
Member # 45219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Andy!
Let me rephrase. Can one's bisexuality be based on feelings for a specific person (i.e. not having fallen for other women)?

Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not just one definition of bisexuality. And really, if you don't want to label yourself, then there's no reason to.

You like somebody. That person happens to be the same sex as you. You can just go with that. It's not like you have to go register with the Regional Committee on Same-Sex Attraction or anything.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnyday
Activist
Member # 45219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] thanks

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.