Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » My first girlfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My first girlfriend
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back! I haven't been on here for a while. Sorry about that. I needed a break. Anyways, this nice girl asked me out last night. She's a lesbian herself. I was so happy I was tearing! This week I'm hanging out with her and it seems like she's happy too. We're going to get pizza and play the wii. [Smile] The only thing I'm going to need help with is, well, what I'm looking for is a relationship and I think she is too. I just wanna take this slow b/c I barely know her. I'm not sure if she'll make a move on me or not. I'm just wondering, if she asks me to go too fast, (like asks to french kiss, strip, etc.) what exactly should I tell her? I wanna know how I should tell her the right way, sweetly, so that she doesn't take it offensively. Not that I'm not attracted to her.

What I have learned about going so fast is that last year, I made a list of all the sex stages, which according to my mom, she said it's fun to do that. I think it sounds like fun. I wanna go step by step so that we wont get carried away and our relationship won't be ruined. It's like a bag of halloween candy, where I like to have 2-3 a day so I can enjoy it. So, again, what should I tell her if she asks to make a move?

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ste-Funnie,

The important thing for you in this situation is communication and taking things slowly. Eating pizza and playing the Wii sounds wonderful and a good start to getting to know each other.

How about you just take it from there, check in with yourself on how you're feeling and taking it nice and slowly since this is your first relationship etc?

If she does make a move (and you don't know what this girl's intentions are at this stage) then you can explain that you wish to take things slowly. Someone who's worth your time will understand this and will accept this.

We have loads of articles on sex and relationships including:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/ready_or_not_the_scarleteen_sex_readiness_checklist

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gaydar

I hope everything goes ok for you!

Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.