Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Getting turned on in front of little kids and cant say anything

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting turned on in front of little kids and cant say anything
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, I was at my grandma's w/ my younger cousins. We were watching iCarly episode of the beauty pageant, and you know, Sam is my biggest crush. I call her my future wife. There was that part where the girls had to switch dresses. When they were trading the dresses, they have their arms reaching out and they like have no shirt on. I mean, it didn't show any further but I still got excited. I imagine her naked all the time. I wanted to announce that it was making me wet but I knew I couldn't say it with the little kids in the room. So I did the best to control it. All I said was "oh my god", over and over, but they thought I was saying that because the show was funny. Plus, I tried coming out to my eleven year old cousin, but then I took it back and thought I could go back out once I have a girlfriend. Other than that the rest of my family knows I'm gay. After me, my 11 yr old cousin is the oldest, so eventually she'll mature. But even if she does, I don't tell anyone except my mom and my councilor about my sexual desires. It was hard to hold it in, but at least I could say "OMG" and importantly I made the right decision.

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's perfectly normal and fine to get turned on when watching TV or movies. Happens to most of us. [Smile] It's just important to keep in mind that there are times and places where it's appropriate to express that, and times and places where it really isn't. So, you'll just want to be mindful of who's around you - which is exactly what you did, so that was perfectly okay! And if you ever feel like you need a moment to yourself to calm down, you can always excuse yourself and leave the room for a minute.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8995 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.