Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » What is a good place to go for hanging out (almost like a basic date)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is a good place to go for hanging out (almost like a basic date)
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going back to LIGALY again and I'm practicing on making friends w/ a queer girl. After going there and talking to someone a few times, I will wanna invite her to hang out. I'm trying to think of something to have in mind in advance, when I invite her. I know that if I say "would you like to hang out w/ me sometime", she'll say, "what do you want to do", if it's a yes. I wanna have something in mind before then. I do have in mind that I wanna go out for ice cream w/ her, but I'm looking for something to do before that that doesn't involve food. I especially don't want the mall for advice cuz in my last relationship all I could think of was the mall and I got yelled at for that. So I'm trying to think of something that doesn't involve food or going to the mall. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Often when we want to hang out with someone, we're aiming to try and find something we both like to do, a place we both might enjoy.

That's obviously not something you can know about another person you haven't even met yet, but what you can do is know what you like to do and where you like to go yourself so that you can put some ideas out there, and see what they then, also, would want to do.

I think going out to get ice cream is just fine, but want to brainstorm about some other places you like to go and things you like to do so that you have a bunch of options in your pocket?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my plan was to tell her what I would like to do, as a suggestion. Like, going out for ice cream for instance, I would ask her if she'd like to do that. Like have something in mind and when I invite her, ask her if she would like to do it. If not I ask her what she'd like to do. Know what I mean?

--------------------

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, which is why I'm suggesting you think about a few options, beyond the ice cream.

That way you can say something like, "Want to maybe grab an ice cream? Or, since it might feel too cold for that, see a movie? Or go ice skating? Or maybe something else you like to do?"

Obviously those other things would be whatever things you think sound fun.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom suggested bowling, aquarium, zoo, etc. Something to keep us busy so we can get to know each other. I don't think the movies is a good idea, cuz then we can't talk to each other and get to know each other and etc. I like to do something more active especially for a first basic date.

Oh, and I do not see how you cant eat ice cream even in the cold LOL. Cuz I would eat ice cream no matter what.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.