Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Mother issues....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mother issues....
Trumpet Master
Neophyte
Member # 47863

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Trumpet Master     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay today me and my mother started having one of our famed debates. We got on the subject of relashionships ,like friendly, with LGBT people. I am a lesbian and very much in the closest with my family. My mother ,trying to make a point in the debate, asked me if I was gay or straight. And I have had this thing were I try to be as truthful as I can with her ,but I am not ready to tell her so I told her I was staight. Which I am not. So now I kinda feel (for lack of better word) guilty about lying or somthing like that. I don't know what to do. I feel bad but I can't tell her. I am just in need of advice I guess.

--------------------
I say you love who you love. Lust over who you lust over. And are happy with who you are happy with. Everything inbetween doesn't matter!!!

Posts: 29 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kyou's mutt: There are SO many people that have that same internal debate of if and what to say to parents. And it's even more difficult when you have a relationship with parents that's somewhat rocky to begin with. But know that how you're feeling is perfectly normal. But there's no reason for you to feel bad about this, everyone comes to a point of being ready to discuss orientation with parents in their own time. I'm in the same place with my own parents,but hang in there. You'll know when the time is right, and in the meantime don't feel bad because you're just not to where you need to be yet to feel ready, and that's perfectly ok.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpet Master
Neophyte
Member # 47863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpet Master     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it doesn't help that she tries to get the name of the boy I like either. And when I say I don't like anyone she yells at me for lying and I get stuff taken away from me. I really hope she isn't figuring it out because then I will probably get kicked out of the house and I can't have that happen to me. I mean I can't even get a job or anything yet!! It's just really stressful...

--------------------
I say you love who you love. Lust over who you lust over. And are happy with who you are happy with. Everything inbetween doesn't matter!!!

Posts: 29 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.