Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Me & Her?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Me & Her?
Smiler
Neophyte
Member # 48185

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Smiler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically ive been talkin to this lass for a long time and were both in jazz bands. She is openly gay and in a relationship, where as im kinda sitting on the fence, in the closet, in a relationship with a boy. Ive known for a while that i wasnt completely straight, it just wasnt possible for me.

But there was a competiton on the other day and we hung out for abit on and off. I know that she likes me and by the end of the evening we were hugging and being discret and that. Since my mum was there and didnt know.

The thing is, as soon as i left i was gutted. I just wanted to be with her. And now when my boyfriend texts i just cant be bothered with him. I think in all honesty i would drop my relationship to be with her. But we live a canny distance away. And then theres the problem of telling everyone

Im REALLY confused and dont know what to do :/

--------------------
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Its Up To You To Find It :)

Posts: 27 | From: Washington UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she's in a relationship, so unless she and her partner have an agreement that means they can both date other people as well, then there really isn't much you can do, unfortunately. Also, your relationship with your boyfriend is pretty much a separate issue here - evaluating a current relationship on the basis of "what might be" with someone else isn't really sound. Looking at your other posts, I hear you saying that you aren't really all that sexually/romantically attracted to your boyfriend, so that is something to consider, for sure, but you need to consider whether your current relationship is working or not regardless of your attraction to someone else.

Have you talked to her about all this? What about talking it over with your boyfriend?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiler
Neophyte
Member # 48185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah she likes me and isnt happy in her relationship, weve talked about it quite abit. She spent all day with me rather than her girlfriend and didnt want me to leave when i did.

My boyfriend was getting back from his holiday the same week, and i was more looking forward to seeing her at the competition. And no im really not sexually attracted to him :/ which makes me feel bad, because for a while i thought i liked him.

--------------------
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Its Up To You To Find It :)

Posts: 27 | From: Washington UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.