Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Identity Confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Identity Confusion
Smiler
Neophyte
Member # 48185

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Smiler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a new user to this site and find the help that is provided is great [Smile] so i thought id post another artcile as the advice really helps.

Im sure there are so many of these kinds of articles you guys get bored. Its the whole 'think im gay, bi, lesbian, dont wanna be'.
So basically im 16 and currently in a relationship with a lad that ive liked for awhile. We get on great and do occasionally have an arguement but its normal. We share kisses and that and he has told me he would like to lose his virginity to me. I thought it was the sweetest thing that he could open up to me like that. But the truth is i dont feel the same way :/ The thought of getting sexual with a lad freaks me out, like completely.
But on the other hand i have dreams and fantasies about being sexual with a girl, and if i have to say so it does turn me on. I have once been in a short relationship with a girl, but i ended it because we lived too far apart and i wasnt ready to accept anything.

But at the same time it really freaks me out, because im straight, or so i thought. I have gay and lesbian friends and im totally comfortable with them, i put up with the flirts because its who they are. I know my parents wouldnt accept anything different even though they accept others for being gay. But i dont want be anything but me, so i am bi-sexual??

--------------------
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Its Up To You To Find It :)

Posts: 27 | From: Washington UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad we've been of help to you! [Smile]

Well, you get to call yourself whatever feels most true to you.

if you want some language, the world most certainly is not just made of people who are straight (heterosexual) or gay/lesbian (homosexual). There are also a lot of people who are bisexual, pansexual or queer: you don't fit in those boxes, and who tend to be attracted not just to one sex or gender of person, but to a mix. Which of those words you use -- if any -- is really about your pen preferences.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.