Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Overwieght

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Overwieght
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to a few of my friends, when someone said and I quote "You're too fat to get another date!" I am not skinny, I know that, I'm a little chunky, and it hurts when people say that. Then I see stuff on TV and I notice that in almost of the gay themed TV shows and movies that there isnt very many over wieght gay people. So now I can't help but wonder if I am too big to get another boy friend, because the last two didn't really care about me...help...

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, no. That was such a hurtful thing to say. Different people are attracted to different things, and surely someone will be attracted to you at whatever size you are at. Also? Trying to suss out what's "normal" based on what you see on TV is an exercise in futility. What you see on TV is what the advertising and marketing people have determined sells the most advertising. They don't care what's realistic or healthy or any other consideration besides the almighty dollar.

Your "friend" needs to learn the difference between being honest and being rude.

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, and the guy wasn;t really a friend, he was only someone I know by assosciation. I am pretty sure my best friend yelled at him outside, because he came back on the verge of tears.

Thank you again, it really hurt when he said that.

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this helps, MickyDomino, but I personally am usually attracted to larger people as opposed to thinner people. Like mma said, different people find different things attractive, and that's not just something to make you feel better, it's the truth.
Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IraSass
Neophyte
Member # 50013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IraSass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micky, have you heard of bears? It's a whole subculture of gay guys who are big and hairy, and think other big, hairy guys are hot!
Posts: 9 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graphite
Neophyte
Member # 50283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm like coralee, if that helps - almost exclusively attracted to larger people. It's not all that unusual [Smile]
Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oz
Neophyte
Member # 50265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
G`day mate,I am a married bisexual from Australia,I am also a chunky monkey,for years I have wondering around in the wastelansds of the internet and just recently discovered that,there are sites out there,chubby chaser sites,should check one out.

OZ

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qmase_proud
Neophyte
Member # 43019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qmase_proud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beauty is relative. Your friend needs a reality check.
Posts: 14 | From: Depends | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that person who said that is evil. if he had said that to one of my friends, he'd have gotten jumped. if he had said that to me, he'd still have gotten jumped, but then again i'm violently protective of my friends lol
to give you some evidence that chunky is hunky: I'm chunky, i associate with chunky and slender people. My boyfriend is slender, now i'm a girl, but it's comparable. My three best friends are all thick and healthy (all girls X3) and have slender boyfriends. My best gay friend (every girl is stereotypically supposed to have one XD) is also chunky. He's dating a larger guy too. I find them both attractive, though in a platonic way. So you see, you can certainly find another guy who will like you and find you attractive.
in my opinion the only reason a person should care about weight is to care about health.

For instance, my boyfriend is very close to being underweight. We're not sure why, he loves to eat, he's an athlete, but still. He's self-conscious about his weight, but i only care about his weight because i care about his health. and he only cares about my weight for the same reason.

you'll be fine, I am confident you will find a good and caring boyfriend who only cares about your weight because he cares about your health and in a loving and accepting way. ^_^

Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know a lot of fat people who have dates, even spouses. i don't know if you're fat or whatnot, cuz, you're anonymous, but don't listen to anything they say, b/c, no one should judge a book by its cover. honestly, wouldn't they rather date a less attractive person, who is nice and sweet, and treats them kindly than a beautiful, attractive person who is a hunk, and attractive, but is abusive and cruel to them? seriously!

Another thing, I dont know what you look like, but when I was in 9th grade, i was on jenney craig, and I worked too hard. I'd look at myself and think i'm fatso. everyone would tell me that i look beautiful n' i didnt believe them. now i look at pics of 'em, 'n' now i believe em. now I'm trying to lose weight, by not trying. I dont even focus on losing weight. I just eat when I'm hungry and wait for couple of weeks, and then get weighed, and be surprised.

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.