Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » We need a place! Where can my girlfriend and I go to fool around?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We need a place! Where can my girlfriend and I go to fool around?
dcunitedfan613
Neophyte
Member # 47545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dcunitedfan613     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 20, living with my parents (who never seem to leave the house) while I'm home from college for the summer, and my girlfriend also lives with her parents (and her 4 siblings). Neither of us are out to family, and we want to keep it that way. But WHERE do we go when we want to fool around? Both of our houses are out of the question. We both have jobs, so in theory we could rent a hotel room, but that could get expensive quick because we live in a resort town... interestingly, we live in a gay-friendly resort town, but it really only caters to the over 21-crowd, and my gf and I are both 20. We've driven to the beach, the state park, a Walmart parking lot, but each time we're interrupted by the local police who tell us to 'move it along'. I'm a little annoyed; I understand public indecency laws, but we're both legal consenting adults, so what are we supposed to do? The only thing I can think of is to pay to go camping and pitch a tent, or blow up a mattress in the bed of my pick-up truck.
I guess I never had this problem in high school, but what are some good make-out spots?

Posts: 1 | From: Delaware | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes with family or other's around we need to be a bit creative in finding some free time where we won't be bothered. I see you mentioned camping, have you thought about just pitching a tent in your backyard? Would your family find it odd if you had someone over for the night, since they are as of yet unaware of your orientation? There you wouldn't have to worry about being somewhere law enforcement wouldn't approve.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how about a motel ?
Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DreamCatches
Neophyte
Member # 48877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreamCatches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off wanted to say that I love this post because it's what I'm going through, haha. I'm 20 and living at home. Although I'm single now, it has been difficult to find alone time with partners.

I'm guessing that your and her parents don't condone things like that in the house or have an open door bedroom policy or something? I only ask because my parents wouldn't even let me have a guy in my room, open door or not. But I've had one relationship where the guy's grandparents (he lived with them) were totally okay with it and even seemed like they wanted us too (it was kind of weird and pushy at times :-/).

When I was 18 I would go over to a friend's house with my bf. I wasn't having sex then, just kissing and groping mostly, but its the same idea. And some of my friends even now, will go to parties or to other people's houses.

But now as bad as it sounds, I'm usually just really sneaky about it, even when my parents were home upstairs, we would just stay downstairs... (I have good ears). Or stay in the driveway in the car or something. I've only gotten caught once and that was in the movie theatre and they were more upset that we were in the wrong movie than making out. I usually just save the hotel visits every once in awhile. Hooking up in random, uncomfortable places, can go from exciting to annoying very quickly though... it's definitely been a motivator for me to get my own place, lol.

--------------------
Think of me, when you're out, when you're out there...

Posts: 34 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CM_86
Neophyte
Member # 51209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CM_86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My parents have never cared personally, I no longer live with them (24 now). However sometimes you can find room rentals for the very purpose at very little money. 150 a month to have a room to retreat to often may pay off and would be much cheaper than a hotel in the long run. Even small office spaces can go for very little money and include utilities.
Posts: 3 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I dont know if your talking about having sex with her, but if thats the case (tell me if I'm wrong), its against the law to have sex in public, period. It's one thing if you're just making out, but other than that, you know. I dont even know if what kind of alone time you mean, but you did say "fool around" in the title.

I dont know why your not out to your parents, but everytime I keep a long distance secret from someone, eventually, either they always find out, or I just can't keep that secret any longer. I can't tell you to come out to your parents, b/c I dont know your situation, I would wait till I move out, come out to them, if they dont accapt me for who I am, I would just ignore it and move on. But my mom is very accepting. She jus' wants me to be happy.

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.