Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Dating Opposites.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dating Opposites.
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am starting to date again and I asked out this guy who is my coplete opposite. H eacts girlie and carries a man purse, while I am not girlie and I carry around my PSP. So we really are opposites, I mean I read and he doesn't, I am short, he is tall, and I am just unsure how to date someone whom you are the opposite of...I want to go out because I think itll work, because I believe that if you date someone who is just like you then it will become predictable. Besides, last time I did that it didn;t turn out too well, and I really like this guy.

[ 05-25-2010, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: MickyDomino ]

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What DO you two have in common?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that much, we both love to laugh and can make each other laugh and we both love to speak our minds. Thats all I can think right now...

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, having NO common interests is going to tend to be not-so-workable in any relationship. So, if you two earnestly have nothing at all in common, then chances are, this will probably be a dead-end for y'all.

So, maybe you want to sit down and see if you can identify any? Or maybe hold off on dating until you have some more time to get to know each other and see where -- and if -- you have some common ground you can meet at.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats true, welll we did tlk a little and me and hi like the same music. He you know Kesha, VV Brown, yeah we both love them, so I think that could be something, right?

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Heather
Member # 3

It can be.

So, let's look at it like this. Per where you have common ground:
What things might you two do together you BOTH enjoy doing? What do you think dates and time spent together will look like for the two of you?
How about your communication styles? Do you communicate in ways that work together?
What can/do you spend time talking about?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Thanks Heather, as always you are awesome with the advice. So far we havent been able to talk becasue of the exams this week but we finished so we are going to be able to talk soon! Thanks again!

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.