Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » My best friend is hinting but idk what to think!!! HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My best friend is hinting but idk what to think!!! HELP!
questionguy09
Neophyte
Member # 42441

Icon 4 posted      Profile for questionguy09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so the other day my best friend who I'll call John and I hung out at my house with my other friend who i'll call Jill. John sat down next to me and put his arm around me, but I mean he's a jock type football player and he's always been like that, but his hand was right on my nipple and he was very carefully caressing it while Jill was on the other couch. Then jill went to the restroom, and when she left John decides to show me his "hard one" through his shorts, saying that JIll had given it to him. Then while we were in my kitchen he asked me how big i was hard. John is a virgin and I know his hormones are very crazy but IDK what to think! He ended up making out with jill the same day but I still have that gut feeling, I really dont know how to tell if what he wants is something more than a pat on the butt! How do i know!?
Posts: 1 | From: West Covina, Ca | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, you ask.

If you don't feel able to be totally honest and forthright, even a "Hey, what was with that the other day?" is a way to get more information from your friend about what he wants and how he was feeling.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
branphlake
Neophyte
Member # 35071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for branphlake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While Heather's advice is excellent, I understand (out of pure experience) that asking is really scary.

I remember a lot of guys who were interested in "experimenting" or who just were gay, would make these passing comments or moves when I was hanging out with them. My best advice is to be blunt with them over a text-based internet application (facebook, instant messenger, etc), especially if you are afraid to do this face-to-face. If you are gay, or are interested in this guy, this is the best way to not get your feelings hurt, because I have been in enough awkward situations to go around for the both of us [Smile] . Good luck and be safe.

[ 01-04-2010, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: branphlake ]

Posts: 23 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.