Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » It's nothing new, but not outdated.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's nothing new, but not outdated.
unpleasant_visitor
Neophyte
Member # 41278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unpleasant_visitor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: Just realised that this probably belongs in the 'GLBT Relationships' area. Pardon my inconsideration, is there any chance to change this?

There are a lot of similar threads on this board on coming out etc and I feel that what I'm about to say is nothing new. But I have the hardest part behind me and one else remains.

My parents, siblings and best friends know that I'm bisexual. That's the important part done and that's what really matters.

I don't think the whole college has to know, though I'm sure once I tell one person the entire school will know too. But I'm proud of who I am and if someone asks, I'd gladly answer.

But I'm not ready for that yet. First, I want to solve one important matter. I am in love with someone at my college and I want her to be the first to know. She's a friend, a new friend, but I feel a strong bond between us and I trust her.

Now to my question: Should I tell her I'm bisexual or not?
If I don't tell her, I'll never know if she secretely has feelings for me too. I'll never get the chance, will lose yet another oppurtunity.
But if I tell her, there's a chance she might reject me. And that risks our friendship.

Any feedback would be really helpful. Am mostly looking for people with experience in these areas, that seems to help the most... [Smile]

[ 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: unpleasant_visitor ]

Posts: 3 | From: Antartica | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, congratulations on coming out to so many people.

I really think that if she doesn't want to be your friend after you tell her you're bisexual, then she's just not a good friend for you. A good friend would be happy to know more about you, and if she is a lesbian or bisexual and in the closet, then I'm sure she'd be especially happy to hear it.

You said there's a strong bond with her and you trust her. That sounds like the sort of relationship where, regardless of whether or not she's sexually interested in you, it would be positive to share this important fact about yourself.

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unpleasant_visitor
Neophyte
Member # 41278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unpleasant_visitor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I've decided. First I'll tell a school colleague I trust in order to prepare for the big step. I might risk the whole college knowing this way, but I need someone else to talk to.

Then I'll tell her, but probably outside of school, in private. All that's left now is the guts to ask her out, but ah well. [Big Grin]

Thanks bluejumprope, I think I'm ready now.

Posts: 3 | From: Antartica | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.