Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Gay Chat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gay Chat?
iconoclast614
Neophyte
Member # 35596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iconoclast614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's difficult for me to meet new people. Are there any gay chat rooms? I've been too the GYC (Gay Youth Corner) and it is full of assholes. All the other chat site guys just want to cam...Is there a better alternative?
Posts: 3 | From: Mesa, Az | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure there are gay chat rooms that exist on the internet-- however, I would not be too surprised if they were just about as dingy as other chat rooms can be.

Have you researched around your area for any LGBT resources? Or would you rather make it an online-only affair?

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Horizon has a point. If its online, then I think you should try a gay social networking site. I wouldnt recommend you try actually forming a relationship with someone you meet online. Try researching LGBT resources in your area. If your old enough, maybe a gay bar and just see whos there? Gay events, etc. Hope you find someone [Smile]

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to look for a casual way to meet LGBT people in your area, you can start by seeking out local GSA (Gay Straight Alliance). This site can help you find one near you: http://www.glsen.org/cgi-bin/iowa/all/home/index.html

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justin2u
Neophyte
Member # 39961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justin2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can allways open your own CHAT ROOM. I've found many sites that will offer you FREE UP TO A LIMIT OF 25 PEOPLE PER CHAT ROOM sites on the internet. They are set up much like YAHOO MESSANGER CHAT so you can see the scrolling action when you chat. AND MANY OF THEM do not have CAM capabilities.
Posts: 2 | From: syracuse, ny | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.