Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I feel so horrible

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel so horrible
iAnastasia
Neophyte
Member # 35598

Icon 9 posted      Profile for iAnastasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres a boy at my school who has a crush on me. Today he came up and said to me that he has liked me ever since 6th grade (were now in 9th) and he wanted to know if I felt the same way. Well I didn't want to lie to him, so I told him the truth. I said that I am a lesbian, and that pretty much tells him no. I feel so bad now cause I know that I broke his heart. What should I do?
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It always is hard to turn someone down, especially if they've had a thing for you for so long. But you know, you just have to remember that it had to be done- you can't deny your sexuality and your interests just to make the guy happy. And this way, now he can finally move past this on to someone who is interested in him. [Smile] It's just part of life, and there's no need to feel bad. You did what you had to do.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it may actually have been kinder that you told him straight where he stands. If he's liked you for that long then it may take him a while to get over it, so him hanging onto little bits of hope really wouldn't be the most helpful thing... but you could try talking to him to see how he's getting on. And just being friendly could offer him some encouragement... after all it's nothing you've got against him, so this again could be something which could make a process easier for him.

Don't feel horrible (easier said than done, but honestly), this is who you are and how you feel, and it's not your fault at all.

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that happened to me. Some guy, when I was in 9th grade complained to me like, "Oh, You're the prettiest girl ever! If you weren't gay I'd ask you out". To tell you the truth, I gave in. I'm a Junior now, and we've been broken up for over a full year. Now I can say no. I think maybe you should tell him that he'll find another girl. Tell him "Dont worry. There are plenty of straight girls out there. You'll find someone."

Also, you just said that you're a lesbian, and your profile says that you're straight. I'm just a little confused. Do you think you can maybe explain it to me?

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Ste-Funnie: this post is from two years ago, so chances are, this user will not be back round any time soon.

But just for the record, we generally don't question other users in that way, too, okay?)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.