Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Lesbian dating Bi girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lesbian dating Bi girl
Conscience-calmed
Neophyte
Member # 34019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conscience-calmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've identified as bi in the past, but am leaning more towards lesbian. I'm only attracted to ideal versions of men, whereas I'm attracted to women EVERYwhere.

Anyway, I've been with my girlfriend for a little over a year, and she's more on the straight side of bi. And she talks about men all the time. I feel really inadequate, as I'll never be a guy. She says there's no difference, but at one point told me she didn't know if she could be with a woman long-term.

Advice?

--------------------
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

Posts: 7 | From: The Middle of Nowhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyschedelia
Neophyte
Member # 33584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pyschedelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m pretty new here, so I`m no expert.

There`s definitely a couple questions you need answered here...
1) Do you see yourself in a long-term relationship with her?
2) Do you think she might eventually change her mind about being with a woman for a long-term relationship? Do you think you can help her change it?
3) Do you often talk about women you find attractive around her? Maybe she`s noticing attractive men because she feels threatened that you like people other than just her.

You need to tell her you how you feel about this.
<3333333 Good luck.

--------------------
SPREAD THE LOVE.

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.