Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Would you take this as she likes you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you take this as she likes you?
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for innocent_eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

im really confused about this girl i have a huge crush on.

i had the biggest crush on her in high school, but she was in the year above me and i dont think i talked to her once, so when she graduated i thought i'd never see her again. but i ended up seeing her at my friends party which made me fall even more for her. (but we didnt talk there lol) i doubt she even knew i existed. shes sooo beautiful and funny!
after that day i never saw her again till a year later.
at a concert. but only for a split second. but i managed to get her email off a friend, without looking to suss Lol.

and i emailed her and she said she remembered me from the concert (even though it was literally 1 second as i walked past) coz she was there with my friends. and she had a photo of me with some of my friends and asked if that was me. it was lol. but the photo was soo gross lol. i looked grit. haha.

anyway. i talked to her on msn like 3 times. but not for long. and then i saw her at the shop and she hugged me. i was suprised she even recognised me. she saw me first. i mean i hadnt seen her in a year. except for that 1 second we looked at each other at the concert. and when she was walking away she grabbed my arm.

then about 3 weeks later i saw her last night and she ran up to me and hugged me for ages. she didnt have to, i was across the road waiting for a friend who was at the party she was at. none of my other friends even came over the road lol. they just yelled out hi. lol. coz it was really dark.
and after she hugged me she said dont worry im not drunk lol. coz of the way she ran across the road lol.

im pretty sure she is bi. but i dunno for sure. i only have one friend who knows her so im pretty much trying to get info out of her without looking suss haha. but she said she is pretty sure she remembers this girl telling her she was bi.
i know she has had an ex-boyfriend but thats all i know.
and im really shy, lol, and i can never think of anything to say to her on msn coz my mind just goes blank coz im nervous haha.

im just really confused. and i like her sooo much!!
i dont want to ask her and im wrong and lose her as a friend, i'd rather have her in my life as a friend then lose her.
oh im 18 and shes 19.
maybe shes just a friendly kinda person. and im seeing things that arent there.

thanks!

xx

--------------------
xoxox All you need is Love xoxox

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not try to hang out more in person? That way you can get to know each other better and then see what happens over time. MSN can be nice and cheap, but also really hard to read 'signs' or what have you. It seems like you're still at the point of really getting to know each other, so you'd only gain either a closer friendship or maybe a relationship. Also, since you're now out of high school, and even if you weren't, I'd just talk to her directly versus trying to squirrel info out of her friends. Seriously, just ask her to do something together and I think you'll figure out what directions things might go. [Smile]

[ 03-17-2007, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read this not knowing your gender and it seemed very much like this person could be interested in you! (from what you've said at least!) To find out if she's bi, and actually capable of being interested in you. I'm sure you could bring up some general subjects on sexuality, rather than personal ones, and find a way to work it into the conversation, in reaction to an opinion of hers.

Good luck!

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for innocent_eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm a girl too lol.

ecofem - i know, coz we are only just getting to know each other its a kinda weird situation, coz im so happy to finally be talking to her i dont want to screw it up and lose her altogether.

and omg i know. its impossible to read any signs on msn haha believe me i've tried.

and yes im out of high school now!
its just hard to spend time with her coz we dont see each other at all. except those 2 times.

but im working on it lol.
im having a party soon so im gonna ask her if she wants to come.

PenguinBoy - i know, thats what im trying to do. its just hard coz ive only talked to her on msn like 3 times LOL. and not for long. it would be really suss if i just randomly bring up the topic of sexuality lol.
i've tried changing my icon thing where they see your photo to a picture of ellen and her g/f lol. but she didnt say anything about it.

im just really trying to work up the courage to tell my friend who knows her, coz they are good friends so if she asks her if she is definitly bi it wont seem weird. coz the friend is a out lesbian. so she could easily bring that up.

i wish i wasnt so shy lol. damnit.

--------------------

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

hey again

well a few weeks have passed since i wrote this.

and now im even MORE confused bahaha.

i asked her to come to my b'day party and she said yes.
and then after she said that i'd never hung out with her before, i said "i know, i havent spent much time with you, but i'd like to"
and she wrote "same"

see. lol. every day it gets more confusing, and im falling for her even more, yet i have no idea where she stands.
everything she says, i think it over soooo much that i decide that its just her being friendly.

and im so scared she is gonna change her mind about the party (coz ive changed where im having it and she was coming coz it was close by, but now its further away)

and i still dont know if she is even bi. and i cant just ask. i mean i dont know her. and that will look so obvious and suss LOL. especially coz we hardly talk and ESPECIALLY not about that sort of stuff.

all i want is to ask her.
but i cant risk losing her as a friend.

xx

--------------------

innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

she kissed me on the cheek [Smile]
twice

im still as confused as ever though lol. i have no idea what she thinks of me. [Frown] damn.

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know you don't have to ask if she is bisexual, because this really isn't about that.

It's about if she has romantic or sexual interest in YOU. See the difference?

Alternately, you might simply want to bring up that YOU are bisexual: if you're going to get close to her, as a friend or otherwise, she's got to be okay with that, or else no sort of relationship, including a friendship, is going to go anywhere, right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

she knows im gay [Smile]
i dont know how she found out but i know for sure she knows.

--------------------

Da1_U_Adore
Neophyte
Member # 34004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Da1_U_Adore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm well let see..ive seen girls that have acted like that with a coule of my friends..sometimes girls are just curious 2 see how it is on the other side..and i dont think your like her little expirement or something. but i do feel she does like you in a curious type of way..but once that curiousness is gone away then you will truly see how she truly feels and if it will last..

--------------------
When you do something right people wont know you've done anything at all

Posts: 4 | From: Chicago | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

ive been trying to read body language and stuff, but its been hard coz that night she kissed me on the cheek was only the 4th time ive met her.
and the 1st 3 times were for literally 1 minute lol.
so its not like i can spend enough time with her to tell if she acts like that around other people lol.

she might just be like that.

all i know is she hugs me everytime i see her anywhere. even the first time we met lol. she says hi as soon as i sign into msn.
she hugs me for ages. she was playing with my necklace. theres heaps of other things. but they can all be put down to friendliness i guess. she might not think anything of these things

i havent seen a hint that she actually likes me more then a friend.

i guess with anyone else i'd think they would probably like me. but its her LOL.

--------------------

LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you hang out with her more? Maybe be like, "Hey, I'm bored tonight, want to come over and watch a movie or chill or something?" That way, you get her alone with just the two of you, so you get to spend more time with her and maybe if you're alone you could ask her how she feels about you.

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

ive tried hanging out with her, but its really hard, coz im not actually friends with her, it would look suss if im like, do u want to come over.
and im really shy, so id end up making a fool of myself and my house sux LOL.
ive tried inviting her out with some friends that she knows as well, but she always pulls out.

the only times i've actually spend time with her are times when ive run into her somewhere or she's been at a party, i never knew she was going to lol.

p.s I love Wicked lol. i just noticed its in your sig [Big Grin]

--------------------

LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you've gotta start being friends with her sometime, right? [Wink]

You mentioned somewhere way up there ^ that she had said she wants to hang out with you more. Take her up on that! I mean, come on, you invited her to your birthday party. You could start by inviting just a couple other friends along, and then hang out more and gradually decrease the number of other friends you have with you... give it a shot. Baby steps!

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

yeah thats what i want to do.
but we only have like one or 2 mutual friends
and i've tried inviting her out, but she says no, or she pulls out at the last minute

--------------------

innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

well after 2 years trying I FINALLY told one of my friends that i like this girl LOL.

omg u have no idea what a relief it is.

she was the only one of my friends who actually knows the girl i like.

im actually still shaking LOL.
ive tried to tell her sooo many times you have no idea.

the good news is she thinks its really sweet.
and she told me this girl i like once told her she wanted a girlfriend.

but the bad news is she wont help me LOL. (even though she has set up other friends)
and she thinks its weird that i like her HAHA. she's not my friends type AT ALL lol.

now ive just got to figure out what im gonna do next

xx

--------------------

innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

i just found out she asked one of my friends what my phone number is.

what do u think this means?

--------------------

innocent_eyes
Neophyte
Member # 30978

i havent talked to her in a month...but tonight she asked me if i want to come out with her tomorrow night to a theme park...

omg...im so nervous

i dont know anyone going except her.

i hope i dont act like a idiot LOL

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.