Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Romantic angst time!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Romantic angst time!
Romanshoes
Neophyte
Member # 30043

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Romanshoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a borderline Asberger's (socially inept) lesbian. Most of my friends are straight. Most of them are also in relationships. Each new girlfriend/boyfriend pair has made me slightly depressed, but when I came home to see my heart-of-stone sister snuggling on the couch with one of my best guy friends (who has a heart of steel), I just lost it. I feel ridiculously lonely all the time when my friends go out with their respective significant others instead of going to the movies or hanging out with me. Worse yet, my all-girl Catholic highschool seems to grow beautiful, intelligent young women who are straight as rulers - as do my theater and art classes. I'm getting lonelier and more sexually frustrated every day. Any advice for an antisocial thespian lesbian?

--------------------
As private parts to the gods are we: they play with us for their sport!

Posts: 5 | From: Buffalo NY | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure theres no other lesbians/Bisexuals in your school. Maybe some of the girls just arent open about it yet.

Keep looking around and you know they always say when you are not looking for loving thats when it comes to you. So maybe just enjoy life and see what happens.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiosity13
Neophyte
Member # 32841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiosity13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you involved in anything that would help you meet other lesbians/bisexuals? Maybe you could see if there are any GLBTQ groups in your area for teens that you could join? (It sounds like you don't know a lot of other lesbians/bisexuals) Even if you don't meet anyone you like (in a sexual/relationshippy type of way) you could still meet friends who are going through the same stuff as you are!

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are feeling lonely, and good luck with everything!

Posts: 21 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not_a_hobgoblin
Activist
Member # 29206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for not_a_hobgoblin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Wo)man, I feel your pain.

I know how hard it is to go to school and see no one but straight girls. Having social disability has to make it all the worse. But honestly, you just need to hang out there. As awesome as being in a relationship can be, it's not such a great idea to find a relationship solely because your soul is crying out for a human teddy bear.

THe other members' suggestions of talking to GLBTQ groups in your area is helpful, but not everyone has that kind of resource. If you're not out to any of your friends, it makes it that much more lonely.

And honestly, if you're really feeling depressed, you need to talk to someone. Talk is good. It gets all those circular thoughts out of your head, where maybe talk can make them change or go away. We're always here ready to talk when you are.

Best of luck,
not_a_hobgoblin

--------------------
"Cut her down."
"She is a witch!"
"But she's our witch. Cut her down."

Posts: 174 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bohemian
Neophyte
Member # 31031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, for some reason there are like NO lesbians or female bisexuals in my school, or at least there doesn't seem to be. :|
And I mean guys, there are some who have come out as bi or gay, but girls, its like a desert, or a western film with typical tumbleweed passing.
So, yeah, I think I know how you feel, fustrating as it is. Best of luck all the same.

Posts: 18 | From: U.K | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.