Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » roomate vs girlfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: roomate vs girlfriend
cordova
Neophyte
Member # 19221

Icon 8 posted      Profile for cordova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my second week of college and already my roomate and i are at odds for a twofold reason, one which im not quite sure how to resolve. First, I need to masterbate everyday, on my bed. however since my roomate and i share one room, the room smells like cunt after i come. Second, I met this girl that i've been having sex with for the past few days. The room smells even more like cunt. Basically, my roomate complains about the smell. which i suppose is legit. only that where else am i to do these activities? the campus doesn't really provide sex rooms. i'm hopefully going over to my girlfriend's room today, so as not to have sex in my room. but its my room too, i should be able to have sex in it. plus, is it normal to have the room smell after sex, how about masterbation? (if you couldn't tell im a virgin to sober sex). i feel awful that i stink, but what can i do?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a tought but you might want to try air scents, air purifier (I don't know how it's called ). It might change the smell.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, most of the time, the vagina shouldn't emit a strong scent, either with or without any sort of sexual activity.

(And nothing happens physiologically to change the scent of one's vulva or vagina after orgasm.)

You all up-to-date with your annual GYN exams? If not, get in there and do that to be sure you don't actually have a strong smell due to an infection.

If you are all clear on the health front, and you're healthy, you know, your roomie lives with another person, another person who like anyone else, has a scent. That's something to just get used to, just like it's something to get used to for you that you may have to adapt some of your habits, such as understanding that you are sharing a (likely small) space with someone else, and just need to pay mind to that, which may include things like finding ways to make masturbation a bit more private, or engage in it when you can just open a window during or after for a bit before she comes home.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really, most of the time, the vagina shouldn't emit a strong scent, either with or without any sort of sexual activity.
Really? I thought it was normal to have a certain scent after sex/masturbation, as the result of the different sexual fluids emitted from the body, etc. And, what is your definition of strong?

To cordova-I would recommend spraying the room as well. That's what I do after I masturbate. I wouldn't say it's a strong smell, but it's a noticeable smell. I guess that's probably what your roommate is complaining about. It's a distinctive smell, because we all have different bodies.

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me
Before I need anyone else

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalinacisne
Activist
Member # 27839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalinacisne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And when it comes to spraying things to cover smells, I would suggest getting an air sanitizer, not a fragrance. If you use a fragrance, your room will no longer smell like vagina, it will smell like vagina and flowers. If you use an air sanitizer (I know lysol makes a good one) it actually eliminates the smell, it doesn't just mask another smell over it.

--------------------
amawesome - (adj.) a combination of 'amazing' and 'awesome,' usually by someone who has tied on a few too many. Ex: No, dude, listen! I like, luv ya man! I mean, you're like, amawesome!

Posts: 65 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"And when it comes to spraying things to cover smells, I would suggest getting an air sanitizer, not a fragrance."

Boy do I ever second that one. While I'm not in college, I do go to a camp once a year where, for 10 days, I share a room with 3-5 other people. As soon as the room starts to smell, people go crazy spraying fragrances. Add that to everyone spraying hair products and bug spray every day, and it's absolutely migrane-inducing. But yeah, air sanitizer is a good way to go, just for day-to-day use. It keeps things nice and fresh.

Anyhow, in regards to bodily odors, people do tend to smell. Not in a bad way, nessacarily, but nonetheless. Have you ever borrowed someone's sweatshirt and just thought 'Wow. This really smells like so-and-so'? I know that, when I go over to other people's houses or hang out in their rooms, I can recognize their scent there. But I don't often notice my own smell, because I'm so used to it. I think, naturally, when you share a small space with someone for any length of time, you're bound to notice a bit of them-essence in the air. Just make sure to take frequent enough showers and wash your clothes/linens, so that that you-essence doesn't become ew-essence.

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, you-essence ew-essence...is that copyrighted? lol

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me
Before I need anyone else

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.