Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » A Friend In Need

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Friend In Need
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right forum (apologies in advance), but here goes.

My godbrother is gay, but only to his very close friends. He has yet to open up to his family and his other friends. He doesn't have too much of a problem with this at the moment, because he reckons that he'll open up when he's financially secure. In an Asian country like ours, it's common to hear stories of how families disown their own flesh and blood just because they're homosexual.

The other part to this story is his sexual frustration. He's 19 (the same age as I am). We (me and the friends who know) have advised him to join the GLBT group our university in Australia has, but he feels very discouraged as he thinks that it's too serious and too deep, and he's unprepared for that pressure. It looks like all he's looking for is a relationship and someone special to take care of him in the romantic sense.

I appreciate any help/advice from anyone who has been in this kind of situation before. How did you open up (especially with families that are very strict, as descrbied) and what happened? Also, any advice on how we can help my godbrother would be awesome. His frustrations and loneliness have been going on for about a year or so now. Please help.

Apologies again if I've posted in the wrong forum.

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.