Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
Ky
Neophyte
Member # 28400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this crush on a friend at school but I'm not sure if hes bi or gay, but I think he might be something like that. I have 2 reasons for thinking this (yeah I know only 2 but its better than nuthing) they are one, he asked me about the if you had to be queer to join the GSA or could you just be bi and two, when he was takeing off his "sex bracelets" the black one and I said here I will help and acted like I was gonna break it and he just said no these are just for decoration. He didn't say something like ew icky boy sex get away. So I'm wondering is he bi or gay? Should I make a move on him? Or just come out and ask him if he's bi or gay?
Posts: 2 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not spend more time with him and see if he shows his interest in you? If you're comfortable talking with him to begin with, you may want to ask him directly. You don't necessarily have to ask, "Are you gay or bi?" That way you're protecting yourself a bit if he gives you an answer you don't expect.

You could ask him whether he has deeper friendships with guys than with girls, if he's crushed on any girls, or if he knows anybody in GSA, stuff like that, to figure out what his interests are.

Making a move on somebody, regardless of orientation, is generally more aggressive than just talking. You probably want to stay away from that until you and he are closer.

Finally... he might just have the bracelets as decoration - a lot of people don't know what they mean but wear them anyway. His not saying "icky boy sex" isn't much to go on at this point.

[ 04-14-2006, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: kitka ]

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.