Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » He's two years below me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He's two years below me
Dock
Neophyte
Member # 28361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi... First time poster. (For a start, can I ask if this is actually a girls-only thing? I'm sort of confused by the colour scheme).

I've felt attracted to boys as well as girls for a while now - the thing is, I'm not honestly sure if I am bi (or even gay) or whether it's a teenage hormone thing and it'll pass. I really don't want to be gay. I've got nothing against gays at all, I just really don't want to be.

But onto the main point: I fancy this boy, unfortunately he's two school years below me. I'm in Year 10. I know I should really leave it alone - but I can't stop thinking about him. What should I do?

Posts: 1 | From: Newcastle | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
origami_jane
Activist
Member # 27369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for origami_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't a girls-only board, but a lot of us are girls (like me!). I always felt the color scheme was somewhat neutral. *shrugs*

You don't have to label yourself as "bi" or "gay" if you're not comfortable with it.

And there is definitely a lot of stigma against queer folks. Some days I look at the paper or look at the world and just wish that there was a magic pill to make me straight, blonde, and thin. But I realized that just because society says that's "normal" doesn't mean it's right.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with liking someone two years younger than you. For example, my best guy friend (18) is dating a girl who's 16. They're not sexually active, to the best of my knowlege, and that's why it's still legal. As long as it's legal in your state/province/country and you think the feeling is mutual, power to you. And there's always the option of just enjoying the crush for what it is.

[ 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: origami_jane ]

Posts: 129 | From: Mid-Atlantic US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.