Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » just the opposite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just the opposite
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 4 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so my girlfriend was recently raped and shes trying to get over it and im helping her over it to and i know its going to take time and i understand that.we usaully go out and make out and things and now im trying to limit that you know i dont want to pressure her,and im not the one whos doing the pressuring,she wants to make out and have sex(oral ect...)everytime we are alone and when i suggest that we cool it she gets upset and wind up going over her ex-girlfriends house.i just dont know what to do i want to give her enough time to get over it you know some space but she just wont listen.shes not pushing me away shes doing the opposite.
Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does she have a counselor or survivor's support group?

If not, I'd suggest you help her get one or both.

Then I suggest you talk with her: it might help to make clear that your reticience is NOT about thinking she's spoiled or sullied in any way. It's about concern for her because often, rape survivors can need some time before sex is really okay. It's also fair for you not to want to be her medicine, too, and not all that fair -- albeit human -- for her to approach you that way. trying to normalize sex again after a rape is a pretty understandable impulse: one doesn't want to thin the enjoyment has been robbed from them.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 10 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the advice i think shes getting a conceler.ill talk to her.thanks again.
Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.