Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » i love u vs. i am in love with u?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i love u vs. i am in love with u?
alwayscrushing
Neophyte
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwayscrushing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i have been in long term relationship for over 2 years. Today one of new "friend" is a good word since we are both are RAs and are required to like each other, asked me if i was in love with the person i am dating. My response was um... ah... i love them is that what u mean? she just looked at me funny and said that works for now. later on i realized i wasn't sure of the answer to her question myself. so now i am confused about my relationship and i think have been for a while but have been to busy to realize it.

i was just wondering what other people think about loving someone, but not being in love with them? can a relationship survive if ur no longer in love with ur partner, but do still love them?

Posts: 7 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ingrid
Neophyte
Member # 24460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey alwayscrushing!
about your question, i believe that although a relationship can certainly survive with just love other than being in love, it is a rather more passionate and vivid, exciting and all the things that make you blush if you are in love. now just because you are not in love doesnt mean you cant get back in it. try to spice things up a bit change is always good (but nothing to weird that would make the situation even worse). and if that doesnt work try to remember all the little things that made you smile out of nowhere and start daydreamming of happy things in la la land. something made you fall in love all you have to do is reconnect with that feeling. i know easier said than done but in the end it will so be worth it, youll see.
bye

------------------
Don't tell me what you expect from me for I am who I am, nothing less, nothing more.

Posts: 5 | From: Pompano Beach, FL, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ingrid
Neophyte
Member # 24460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry:
it is a rather more passionate and vivid, exciting and all the things that make you blush, relationship, if you are in love.***

------------------
Don't tell me what you expect from me for I am who I am, nothing less, nothing more.

Posts: 5 | From: Pompano Beach, FL, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.