Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Is he

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is he
thisis
Neophyte
Member # 24436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very confused and need advice i think that my boyfriend of a year is bisexual and he wont tell me I have seen some of the gay web sites that he has gone to on his computer and I would like adveice on how to either determine if he is bi or how to talk to him about his sexuality.
Posts: 1 | From: richmond va usa | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say he won't tell you, do you mean he just hasn't iniated discussion about EITHER of your orientation, or that he won't answer when you ask?

In other words, if neither of you has initiated the discussion, it can be as simple to start as saying, "Hey -- let's talk about our sexual orientation. I think at this point I'm X, how do you feel about yours?"

The only way to determine what a given persons orientation is is to ask them.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't already, I suggest asking him about it. He could be confused about his orientation and/or debating whether or not to tell you he's gay or bisexual. If you're careful not to sound as if you're accusing him of something, your asking could make things much easier for him.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HippeeRokCHick
Neophyte
Member # 25027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HippeeRokCHick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just talk to him. Ask him..."I have noticed you seem different lately...is there anything you want to tal about?" assure him that whatever it is he has your support. if he says nothing is wrong, them ask him straight up," are you bi or homo sexual?" tell him again, he has your support and you want him to be happy. Sometimes knowing they have your support and they can talk to you is enough. And maybe if not right away, he will talk to you later. any more questions just post them, I reply to posts everyday.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.