Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » My girlfriends parents

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My girlfriends parents
superspaz
Neophyte
Member # 19094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superspaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and i have been dating for almost 3 months. her parents found out after about a month that their daughter was involved in what they consider, and i quote "a disgusting lesbian relationship" and needless to say they flipped. we've been hiding it pretty well up until a little under two weeks ago, when apparently all hell broke loose again. i haven't seen her in almost two weeks nor have i spoken with her(they took her cell phone, do not allow any phone calls, and have disconnected the internet in her room) and i'm not sure what to do anymore. i really want to stay with her, and i'm willing to make it work even if we don't see each other that often, but she has expressed some concern about not seeing me enough in the past. i am lost at this point and am just looking for any advice, encouragement... anything.

thanks

kendra

Posts: 4 | From: sf. bay area, california | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read this earlier and I've thought of it off and on all afternoon.

You don't say how old the two of you are. That may make a difference in a situation like this, as to whether one or both of you are going to be out of the parental house any time soon.

As the situation stands, though, it sounds like the best option for all involved may be to respect the wishes of her parents--not because they're right, but because it sounds like your girlfriend's life is being made pretty miserable.

If she has been having issues with not being able to see you enough in the past, and now you can't see or talk to her at all, it sounds like this relationship will not be able to work for her. It doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant spot for you, either.

I don't think hiding it is the answer; that may just bring about more extreme reaction from her parents when they find out (and they will--parents, somehow, always know). It sounds to me like this may spell the end of your relationship, and while that's sad, it may be the best thing for all involved until she is able to free herself from the restrictions of her parents.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"And when the answer that you want/Is in the question that you state/Come what may..." - Coheed and Cambria, "Blood Red Summer"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superspaz
Neophyte
Member # 19094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superspaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we're both 16...

i just don't know if i'm willing to do that right now. i know its stupid, but i'm being selfish. We've both been home from school sick the last two days so i've gotten to talk to her sporadically online. we talked a bit about not being able to see each other, and agreed that we were both okay with it for now, and we'd just have to see where things went...

thanks for the advice though... it is probably the smartest thing, i guess im just not willing to be smart about this...

grawr

kendra

Posts: 4 | From: sf. bay area, california | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.