Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP
cammy87
Neophyte
Member # 18688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cammy87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 17 and need a little advice. I'm an out bisexual and have a friend (straight...to my knowledge) and she keeps coming on to me. She has a BF, so it really confuses me when she makes passes at me... I have to admitt I'm attracted to her but I just don't seem to know what to do...please help
Posts: 3 | From: albuquerque | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jethreau'shumblewife
Activist
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jethreau'shumblewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep your cool..I had a friend who was doing this to me and I still don't fully understand what she was trying to do.
Make no assumptions and while I don't think you should have to act completely distant or disdainful towards her, it probably would not be wise to do anything rash.
What exactly is she doing that you consider "coming on" to you?

------------------
would you forgive me, love, if I danced in your shower?

Posts: 59 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cammy87
Neophyte
Member # 18688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cammy87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well she will like give me a back rub at work...which she has never ever doneand we get in these deep conversations on me being Bi and she asks what its like kissing a girl and stuff which before she has never should any interest in the subject. And I think mose of all she gives me this look and its not a look I have gotten from her.....maybe I'm just naive and she is just joking but it always makes me question.
Posts: 3 | From: albuquerque | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not abnormal for stright or questioning people to exhibit this kind of behaviour around queer people they know they can do so safely with.

But that doesn't men you don't get to make limits and boundaries, because you should. That's part of everyone's sexuality.

So, in a scenario like this, I'd suggest being forthright and letting her know that some of her behaviour is confusing you or making you uncomfortable. That you're okay to answer questions (if you are okay with it), but that you can also refer her to other sources as well.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.