Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » What should I do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I do?
WHO'SDATGURL
Neophyte
Member # 11205

Icon 4 posted      Profile for WHO'SDATGURL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just last night my best friend's sister told me that she had sexual feelings towards me, and that she thinks she bi. We talked about it for a couple of hours, and I asked her some questions about it. I told her that our friendship won't change because of how she feels towards me. But, I feel a little weird about it because she asked what if she tried to kiss me, and that she wants to have sex with me. What should I do about all this,?
Posts: 6 | From: MARYLAND | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missyj
Activist
Member # 10430

Icon 11 posted      Profile for missyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow-
Okay, number one, ask yourself how you feel about it? Do you have any feelings towards her? Once you know exactly where you stand with this, talk to her and tell her what you feel. You have to make it clear what your feelings are about your sexuality, whatever that may be.

Number two, do not do anything that you don't want to!! If she wants to kiss you or have sex with you this does not mean you should! It's your choice, you are under no obligations to anyone but yourself. You need to make good choices for yourself.

Lastly, in a case like this, you might get confused and persuaded easily. When someone comes up to and says their attracted to you, no matter who they are, you feel flattered. And this time, since it was another girl, you might be thinking something like this is my only chance at a lesbian relationship, or that you should try new things. Don't let ideas like that cloud your thinking, because it's simply not true. You should really think about what you want to do and why, don't rush. Make sure you have good reasons.

Good Luck.

------------------
Love is natural, and everything that goes with it. ;)

Posts: 153 | From: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow. First you had sex with your best friend's boyfriend, then you were wondering if you should bear your cheating boyfriend's baby. Now your bisexual friend wants to have sex with you. That's a lot to handle, isn't it. Maybe you should think about what *YOU* want for yourself because it sounds an awful like you're letting a lot of people make choices for you and you're just going along with it. First, you should be honest with the people you consider your friends, like tell your galpal that her boyfriend is cheating on her. Second, how about getting a boyfriend who is going to respect you and definitely not have his baby -- he doesn't sound like he's ready to settle down and be a daddy. And thirdly, your bisexual galpal can lust all she wants, but you still have the right to say NO and if she still bothers you, you don't have to hang with her.

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.