Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » i miss her

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i miss her
jodie555
Neophyte
Member # 14400

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jodie555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started talking to this woman (rachael) because she knew a friend of mine (gemma)a friend who i had slept with once and who i really care about but gemma really likes rachael and now i do too and even though i promised her i wouldnt even flirt with rachael i did and i even met her last week and we spent a few amazing days together then i had to leave and iv fallen in love with her i have never felt like this about anyone before and she says she loves me too but she has a girlfriend who she says she thought she loved but that shes never felt as much for her as she does me but one problem is she lives about 400 miles away from me and we would not be able to see each other very often and already i miss her like crazy and i know it would get worse another problem is gemma who would be really hurt if she found out.

sorry for it being so long but what should i do?

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have far more than one problem or conflict.

1. You reneged on a promise you made to a friend.
2. Rachel already has a partner (who I'll prsume she doesn't have an agrrement with to have other partners -- feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken).
3. You have a long distance.

And to that list, we can probably add:
4. You can't clearly assess any of this because the context is so full of drama and conflict, you're not going to be able to have a clear perspective on anything.

truly, it's amazing how easy it is to mistake love for riding the wave of high drama.

So, how about this: work it out with Gemma in terms of being straight with her about what you've done. Ask Rachel to do the same with her partner. Both of you need to be honest with both those people, period.

Then you two can talk after that and see where you really stand, but FYI, friends don't let friends become U-Haul lesbians, so after a two-day date, if you're even considering one of you moving, get a grip, get grounded, get real and give it all real, honest time.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.